XXV

Happy MF New Year my loves! I tried to update this book before Christmas but I was sick as a dog. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, and I hope you guys had a great holiday. I love yallll!! 😘💕🫶🏽

Marcus
February 14, 2023

"Happy Valentine's Day baby." I said to Alani as she walked into the living room. She smiled big as she looked around before looking at me.

"Baby you shouldn't have." She said as she looked at her living room that was covered in bouquets of flowers and gift bags on the couch along with some balloons. "I appreciate you though." She said as she stood on her toes and kissed me.

"You hungry?" I asked her as I rubbed her stomach. She has a doctors appointment today to confirm whether she's pregnant or not. I know she's nervous but happy and excited nonetheless.

"Very. Did you cook?" She asked. I shook my head.

"I didn't, I didn't know if you would have wanted to go out for breakfast or not. I can cook something right quick though." I said. She shook her head.

"We can go out to eat. My treat." She said. I stale faced her and she laughed.

"Be forreal Alani." I said to her. She smiled as she stood on her toes and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"It was worth a try." She shrugged before kissing me. I laughed as I kissed her back.

"You're so damn goofy. Let's go get ready and we can head out." I said. "I have one more surprise for you later." I said to her. She looked at me and raised her eyebrows.

"Marcus." She said. I laughed.

"Chill out. You're going to love it." I said. She looked at me and smirked before shaking her head.

"Alright." She nodded. "Let's go get ready. I'm hungry as hell. My appointment is at 2." She reminded me.

"Bet." I said as we walked up the stairs. We had a quickie in the shower before we bathed and got out.

"Thank you for my gifts and flowers baby." Alani said as we sat at our table and looked at the menu.

"You're welcome beautiful. I'm glad you liked them." I said just as our waitress walked over. She took our order before walking away.

"I still can't believe you trapped me again." She said as she shook her head. I kissed my teeth and she laughed as she looked at me. "I'm just kidding baby. My babies are blessings." She said as she smiled.

"They are. Thank you for bringing them into this world." I said to her. She smiled as she leaned across the table and kissed me. "I love you." I said to her.

"I love you more Marcus." She said softly. "I don't know why I keep getting emotional every time we tell each other that." She laughed.

"It's because you're married to a man who worships the ground you walk on, will go to the ends of the earth for you, and loves everything about you." I said confidently. "I know I always tell you how much I love you and how much I appreciate you, and I also show you, but I don't think you'll ever truly know how much I really do love and appreciate you. My love for you runs so deep that it used to scare me a lot of the time." I admitted to her.

"Awe baby. That was so sweet." She laughed as a few tears fell. "Can you elaborate on why it used to scare you?" She asked. I nodded as I wiped her tears.

"You know how things went down with Mia. When I first met Mia, I didn't fall in love with her and as hard for her as quick as I did with you. It took me less than a year to fall in love with you and after what you went through with your ex, I wasn't sure how things would work out for us. It's like I knew the feelings were mutual on your end, but I didn't think you'd ever act on them because you always tried to hide it. I also wasn't sure how you would have reacted to my advances. Long story short, I was waiting for you to tell me that you didn't ever want to be together and that scared me because I was already head over heels in love with your stubborn ass." I said. She laughed as she rolled her eyes and flicked me off.