XX

Marcus
June 26, 2023

"I'll be home in a few minutes mama." I said to Alani. We were currently on FaceTime while I was out at the store getting groceries for her place. "I literally just got here baby." I chuckled as I looked at the screen and saw her pouting.

"I know but I miss you already." She whined. I laughed as I looked at the fruit bowls for her.

"Stop whining spoiled ass. Which fruit bowl looks good to you?" I asked her as I flipped my camera so that she could see.

"Not you calling me spoiled like you weren't the one that made me this way." She rolled her eyes. "But the two to your far right." She said. I nodded as I grabbed them and put them in the cart before I kept walking.

"Anyways. I'll see you in about 30 minutes baby." I said to her.

"Fine. Hurry up. I love you." She said. I laughed as I shook my head.

"I got you. I love you more mama." I said before we hung up. I shook my head as I continued to make my way through the store. While I was grabbing some things from the produce department I heard someone call my name. I turned around and grinned as Jason walked towards me. "Wassup my nigga?" I said as I dapped him up. I haven't seen my home boy in a few weeks.

"Wassup bro? How are you and sis, and the kids?" He asked. "Congrats again on the engagement." He smirked.

"Appreciate it. We're good though, I'm doing some grocery shopping for Lani while the girls are napping. How have you been?" I asked him as we walked through the store. I grabbed Alani a case of donuts from the bakery before we made our way to the aisles.

"Shit just been chillin and working. How is Alani doing after everything that happened?" He asked.

"She's good, still taking it one day at a time. She's finally getting some sleep, but she wakes up a few times throughout the night in sweats. She'll be good though." I said. "How's baby girl?" I asked him. Turns out that the baby that the girl Karina gave birth to ended up being Jason's.

"Good, she's getting bigger by the damn day man. I'm about to go pick her up from her grandma after I leave from here." He said.

"How are things with her mama?" I asked him.

"It's actually going really good. You would think she would be bitter because I had cut her off and because of the way I cut her off but she's actually not. She's over the whole situation and is just focused on us being able to coparent with each other." He said. I nodded as my phone started ringing in my pocket. I laughed and shook my head as I grabbed it and my heart started pounding as I recognized the number that was calling.

"What the fuck?" I mumbled as I declined the call. I shook my head as I put my phone back in my pocket.

"You good nigga?" Jason asked me. I nodded as I looked at him.

"Yeah, I'm straight. But that's wassup. She didn't seem like she was on petty, messy shit when she approached me and Alani awhile back. I'm glad things are going good though, you gotta bring her by to have play dates with the girls. I know Alani would love that shit." I said. He laughed as he nodded.

"For sure. I still need to talk to sis to get her opinion on this chick I'm talking to anyways." He said. "But imma get out of here, I gotta drop these groceries off before I go pick Kamiah up. Imma hit you later." He said. I nodded as we dapped each other up before going our separate ways. I quickly finished shopping and made my way back to Alani's house.

"Baby, let's go out tonight." Alani said as she came and straddled my lap. I was sitting on the couch watching tv while waiting for her to get out of the shower.