XII

Y'all had me cryinggg in the comments on the last chapter 😂😂😂 Enjoy this one thoughhhh 🤭🩷

Alani
March 2, 2023

"Thank you for breakfast." I said to Marcus as we walked back to the car. I was craving pancakes so bad and out of every restaurant I've ever been to, my favorite pancakes are from IHOP.

"You're welcome. What are you getting ready to do?" He asked.

"My dad finally got everything he needs to change my locks and update my security cameras and alarms and shit, so I'm gonna go home and meet him so that he can do that and my mom is going to come over to help me start organizing the nursery." I said. He nodded as he looked at his watch. "Oh yeah, I'm supposed to be having lunch with Janae today too. But I'll see how I feel after my parents leave." I said.

"That's what's up. She really likes you, way more than she liked Mia." He said.

"That's not surprising at all." I laughed. "But I like her too. I'm glad she's not a bitter baby mama." I admitted to him.

"As weird as it sounds, when we first found out she was pregnant I knew she wouldn't be bitter because she was the one who said that although we crossed those lines as best friends, she didn't want a potential relationship to ruin our ten year friendship. I couldn't agree with her more because I honestly never even felt anything romantically towards her. Even after we slept together, I never looked at her as anything more than my best friend. That's how we've managed to stay friends throughout the years because we didn't let any feelings get involved." He said. "Now when we both started dating other people and it got serious, we did kind of take a step back in our friendship. Not because we were still messing around but because we had messed around before and ended up having kids together, we just agreed that it would be respectful to our partners to take a step back from each other. That doesn't mean that I can't ever call her if I'm in a bind or vise versa, though." He explained.

"I love you guys' relationship and bond. It definitely gives me hope for our relationship if we don't ever end up together." I said to him. He smirked as he kicked his lips. "Damn." I groaned as I rubbed my stomach as I felt a contraction. My due date is 11 days away but I have a gut feeling that I might be going into labor sometime this weekend or the beginning of next week.

"Another contraction?" Marcus asked as he wrapped one of his arms around my waist and rubbed my stomach with the other. I nodded as I leaned against him for support.

"Yeah, they've been kicking my ass all morning." I said. "I'm going to go ahead and make my way home though. I don't want to be out driving incase they start getting closer." I said to him. He nodded.

"I'm going to the shop because I have an appointment at 10:30. Do you want me to drop you off at home? I can push my appointment back a little bit if you need me to." He said. I shook my head as I looked at him. A couple of months ago Marcus ended up renting another building for his tattoo shop. This one was about five minutes farther than his other one, but he can still make it to me in lightning speed if an emergency were to occur.

"I'll be okay, love. My house is right down the street." I said. He nodded as he leaned down to kiss me while he kept his arm wrapped around my waist. I moaned softly as he bit my bottom lip and stuck his tongue in my mouth. "I have to go." I mumbled against his lips as I gently pulled away. He kissed me tenderly before pulling away completely.