Chapter 16

Sleep was a commodity that Peter had long forgotten given his years of activity day and night as Spider-Man. He went out from the early hours of the morning and stayed out until late into the night and as such he never got a good nights sleep.

However, that was no longer the case now. He had forgone his activity as Spider-Man and could finally get some precious sleep in his bed rather than passing out on his less than comfortable couch in his old rundown apartment.

Peter awoke feeling refreshed and ready for the day ahead, but he had one thing in particular on his mind. The decision to hire Karla Sofen aka the villain Moonstone as part of the company's medical team as their resident psychiatrist.

He was ready to call her when the morning came but he wanted to enjoy the morning a bit longer before delving into any work. He fetched himself a fresh cup of coffee and prepared some breakfast for himself and set some things aside for the girls upstairs for when they woke up and eventually made their way down to him.

He took a look at his schedule for the day and found himself free for most of the day, some over sight on his tests and experiments, a re-test for the inhibitor since they only had Laura as a brief subject, a reminder to arrange a meet with Yuri about her suits functionality.

'Busy... but not too busy. Thankfully. At least my mornings are free for a while. Maybe I could take a look at the data I acquired from Starks private server.' Peter thought to himself.

After Peter had reclaimed his identity from Otto and cleared his name of all the bad publicity that he caused he made good on taking down Stark for his preemptive takeover of Parker Industries.

The arrogant man thought he had it in the bag but unfortunately for Stark some of his underhanded dealings in trying to acquire Parker Industries backfired when an anonymous source released documents of Starks plan to siege the company.

Stark Industries, after the revelation of Tony's underhandedness, lost a large backing and support. If it weren't for the fact that he was still commissioned by SHIELD Peter believed Stark and his company would have crumbled under by now.

Peter took a seat at his office and pulled out his data pad. He was going to take the time to overlook the progress on the 'asset' seized from Tony when he was called by the receptionist at the front desk.

"Huh. What else is wrong?" Peter said sarcastically before picking up the phone, as the last few times the receptionist called it wasn't good.

"Yes." Peter said picking up the phone.

"Mr. Parker, a SHIELD agent is here again wanting to see you." She said over the phone.

"Ugh. Tell Hill that I've not changed my mind and for her to leave. NOW." He said agitated that Hill showed herself again.

"She... she says her names not Hill." The receptionist said unnerved by his change in tone.

"Wait... what?" Peter said confused.

"She says it's agent Durand." The receptionist repeated the information.

'Durand? It can't be?' Peter thought, recognising the name of the agent.

"Send her up." Peter said.

"S-sorry?" The receptionist said wondering if she heard him right.

"Please send her up." He repeated.

"A-alright." She said hanging up the phone. "Please, go on up. He's waiting for you." She said to the agent standing in front of her.

The agent nodded in approval and made her way inside the elevator. Peter on the other hand was thinking of the agent Durand he was about to meet was the person he thought it was. It would be unlikely that there would be a different agent with the name Durand that was coming to see him.