Chapter 27

Peter had no idea how long he sat there for, the recent experience of watching not only George Stacy's death... but Gwen's death also, was too much for him to handle.

One after another he watched his worst moments starting from his uncle Bens death, now to George Stacy's and Gwen's. And he still had no idea as to how ANY of it was to help in reforming Ultron.

Peter moved along through this wide empty white space, viewing memory after memory of his time as Spider-Man, watching as he failed countless people resulting in their demise.

Jean DeWolff being killed by her former partner Stan Carter, who also was Jeans previous lover, in his first outing and killing as the Sin-Eater.

Peter, who was unaware of the man's evil doings, had inadvertently worked alongside him during the investigation into her death. It came as shock when he figured it out and the rage he felt was beyond compare.

It hurt worse when Peter investigated into Jeans life to try and gather any evidence as to who would kill her and ended finding a kind of love shrine to him. Pictures of him from news articles cut and kept secret from prying eyes, even some with her picture cut out and pasted over the Black Cat as to make it look like they were together.

Next was Ned Leeds death at the hands of the Foreigner. Ned was a good friend who he worked with at the Bugle, he was also involved with Betty Brant another good friend of his at the Bugle.

Ned was investigating into the Hobgoblin, trying to discover the man's identity. But he ended being captured by the Hobgoblin, Roderick Kingsley, and was hypnotised into believing he was the Hobgoblin.

And after some time as the fake Hobgoblin Ned was discovered to be the identity behind the mask and a hit was put out on him resulting in his assassination by the Foreigner.

After that he relived the night of the Grim Hunt.

Kravens sadistic family in an attempt to resurrect the fallen hunter by a ritual sacrifice, kidnapped several spider heroes and killed them in order to bring him back to life.

They kidnapped Cassandra Webb, the first Madame Web. Mattie Franklin who for a time went under the name Spider-Woman. And his clone brother Kaine Parker, who the Kravinoffs mistakenly thought was him and the original Spider-Man.

Cassandra tried her best to send out a warning to Peter by giving him extremely vivid dreams of him fighting a lion, all his other spider hero friends dead at its feet as a Russian man spoke to him.

But it was for nought.

Kravens family killed them all and successfully returned him to the land of the living and what proceeded was quite possibly one of Peters darkest moments as he mercilessly beat the members of the family, ripping part of Sasha's face off with his hands, and finally beating Kraven again in an extreme show of force and dominance.

In fact, Peter was close to killing the man. Using the broken end of Kravens spear Peter was about to drive it into Kravens body ending the man once again and paying him back for the cruel and torturous way he killed his friends and brother.

But he refused to go through with it.

Two memories that Peter had to endure was the most saddening experience for him yet, not just as a memory but for all his life they will remain his most sorrowful moments.

The deaths of Tim Harrison, and Leah.

God how those moments broke his heart, possibly even more so than any loss he'd experience thus far.

Tim Harrison was a terminally ill child who Peter visited in the hospital, he showed Tim his web shooters, explained how he got his powers and most importantly of all... who he was under the mask.