Chapter 22

Peter and Kamala went their separate ways, after the phone call Peter wanted... no needed to get back to his office and review the footage himself.

When the elevator stopped on his floor he asked Kamala if she wanted to head back to get a little more sleep or if she was just going to stay in her room for a while and wait for the others to get up.

She decided to simply hang out in her room until the other girls woke up, then they'll decide what they would want to do for the day, and seeing as he was going to have another meeting in the day they would probably do something without him.

Peter was okay with that, yes he did have a meeting later with Yuri, but right now he needed to figure out what had happened last night. Coincidences were few and far between in his life so the fact that his security was compromised around the same time he had his weird dream... he couldn't ignore it now.

He reentered his office and immediately looked up the security footage from last night, it showed him clearly enter his office after the test with the girls, reviewing the Ultron files he'd acquired and then heading to his adjoining room for the night.

But almost as soon as he had entered the room and closed the door behind him the camera feed cut out, he fast forwarded through to see when the footage came back and was shocked to see that it only came back on this morning after he had left his room to meet with Karla.

'The whole night is gone? How'd this happen? We have the most secure, top of the line security.' He wondered as he then started to look through the files and security codes to see if they were infiltrated or had come under a hack.

Once more he was shocked to see that no such thing has occurred, the security system just seemed to be... turned off around that time, and only came back on when he woke up.

'How is it possible that the security... my security was compromised?' He continued to question, his infuriation growing at the issue.

'If the security was turned off then someone had to access it and manually disable it.' He surmised now checking the security logs for whoever accessed it that night.

He found what he was looking for but it only raised more questions.

'Chief of security? But he called me to tell me it was disabled in the first place? Why would he tell me if he was the one who did it?' Peters curiosity's continued to fester as his questions were left unanswered.

Picking up his phone he called down to security once more and requested to speak to him regarding their lapse in security last night making sure not to do anything that would make him suspect that he had anything to do with it.

A few minutes later the chief of security came into his office, he was slightly nervous from the way he seemed to peek in before fully entering the room.

'He must feel a bit guilty for having this happen under his watch. But is that all he's guilty about?' Peter wondered as the man took position in front of his desk.

"You wanted to speak to me sir?" He asked calmly.

"Yes. I wanted to know how we had this... fault... in our security system." Peter said glossing over what seemed to be a deliberate deactivation of his security.

"Sorry sir but... I don't know much more from what I told you earlier." He said not sure what else there was to say.

"The thing is... we weren't hacked. And the security system was accessed last night around the same time when the cameras were disabled. As the chief of security you are usually on the rounds... was there anything... or anyone... that stood out to you as suspicious?" Peter asked him curiously.