TWENTY-SIX: very important person (VIP)

─── ·· ───

Today's practice was a success.

More than a training period, it felt more like a fun hang out session with the coach who was gossiping about her life. Towards the end of the practice, Coach Yoon had suddenly remembered about some important gifts to give them.

"It was harder to get than i expected." She handed out spare VIP tickets to them. "These are official seats. But of course, if you have more people you want to invite, just let me know and i'll figure something out."

"Thanks Coach!" The two pupils smiled as they watched their coach head out.

It wasn't strange that the two of them was heading the same direction despite spending hours spinning on ice already. Making their way to the café to meet their friends, Meiyon was glad to see how almost everyone was there.

——

"Wow,an exclusive ticket for me?" Heeseung accepted the VIP ticket to their show gratefully. "I will definitely be there."

"And so will Haera." Meiyon cheekily winked before leaving the taken back male chuckling away by the counter.

So far, Sunghoon had already handed the tickets out to his best brothers (Jay and Jake), and Meiyon's best friends (Eva and Haera).

"Is it alright if i grab another three?" Jay asked Meiyon who were holding onto the remaining tickets.

Without questioning, Meiyon instantly agreed and handed the three VIP tickets to him. However, Sunghoon couldn't beat his curiosity.

"Who are they for?" Sunghoon raised his eyebrows in suspicion.

"Sooah?" Jake mischeviously chimed in.

"Well, yeah." Jay rolled his eyes upon his friend's speculations. "And for Saetbyol and her male friend."

"Sunoo?" Meiyon smiled widely.

"Is that an approval i hear?" Eva smirked upon his unfazed expression.

"Oh right! That reminds me, i should save two for my cousin and her boyfriend too." Meiyon spoke as she pocketed the two in her purse.

"How old are they?" Jake asked out of curiosity.

"Uh..." Meiyon's expression hinted guilt as she could not remember her age, let alone her boyfriend's. "Aira is in her senior year, except like one year below the graduating year?"

"You sound so unsure." Sunghoon pointed out teasingly.

"Oh my goodness." Jay looked at Meiyon with wide eyes. "I feel so bad but can i please have two more? It's for my cousin and her bestfriend too."

"Look at you bringing your entire family line here." Haera joked.

"The more the merrier!" Meiyon smiled before handing him two more.

"How old are they?" Jaked asked once again.

"What are you? The age police?" Eva commented which caused everyone else to laugh.

"Miu is graduating this year." Jay responded.

"Wait Miu?" Meiyon suddenly asked. "Does she by any chance attend Belift Academy High?"

"Yes?"

"Oh my- I'm pretty sure she's the senior Aira always talks about!" Meiyon spoke in excitement. "She also goes to that school."

"Really?" Jay smiled widely too, happy to hear the unexpected news.

"What a small world." Meiyon concluded before their conversation gradually shifted to another topic.

However, she couldn't help but continue feeling a sense of content as she took in her environment. A year ago was not long ago, yet everything was so different.

She never had many friends who would all sit together outside of class hours and chat for more. She never had the opportunity to invite more than just her two best friends to her ice skating shows. Lastly, she had never felt this happy and warm inside from being surrounded by so many caring people.

This especially included...

"You gave away the last two?" Sunghoon suddenly whispered to her who was beside her all along. Perhaps he was only inquiring as he knew just how many the coach had given them.

"Yeah?"

"You're not inviting your parents?"

"Oh." Meiyon reacted rather emotionlessly. It wasn't that she didn't want to, but it had just slipped her mind. "They aren't interested in these small events. Especially not ones where there is not gold medals."

As she truned back to Sunghoon, it looked like he was trying to figure something out.

"It's fine!" Meiyon gently slapped his arm to bring him backk to life. "They are busy bodies anyway. I'll just ask someone to film it and send it to them."

"It's a shame to be honest." Sunghoon finally spoke.

"Hm?"

"They are missing out on such a flawless show."

"Why? That they are missing on your perfect performance?" She joked.

"Our performance." He corrected her before playing along. "But yes."

"As expected of Mr Arrogant." She laughed before immersing herself back into the main conversation with the others.

Sunghoon only looked at her with disappointment.

He knew he was good but he wasn't referring to himself.

In fact, he felt disappointed at the fact that she still finds the flaws within herself. For someone like her, he is confused by the lack of pride she radiates to her parents.

If only she knew how perfect she was.

Even if it's only in his eyes.

30/12/2023 --> long week ;-;