Chapter 5

Congo-Brazzaville

Author Pov

"No I won't do that." Hallie says as she continued to walk down the hall as the security dragged the dog and A unconscious Mi'kayla down the opposite way. Mi'kayla was confused when Stephan told her he didn't need the ambulance anymore. She started asking more questions when men dressed in black camo came through the door after  Stephan made a phone call. It resulted in her being drugged  and having to go with them since she knew too much. 

Stephan grabbed Hallie's arm pushing her to the wall. " You don't have a choice, This has to end." Stephan stated. "She my daug-"

"NO SHE NOT!" He screamed making some of the other agents stop what they were doing for a second before resuming. "She is not even human and neither is whatever that thing that affected you." He sneered. Hallie's heart broke hearing those words. After all these years being by his side, supporting him as he climbs the ranks in the political world, all the while carrying his and hers secret. Before Stephan was a police officer, He was a young operative Agent of The Order of The Knowing. The Organization had been around longer than the Fore Father's Founded The United States. This Order goes back during Ancient Times....some say eons. They were Mythical Mercenaries that hunted and killed what they saw as the causes of the end of the world. They believed what they were doing kept their world safe. It was founded by Stephan's Bloodline in the Congo-Niger area and has been passed down till he was next in line.

August of 93 is When 25 year old Hallie Rhage had come on broad as an Archaeologist. She was excited about learning The history and Culture of the past kingdoms finding any evidence that were more than huts and dry deserts. She was a Congo Native of the Igbo tribe, Her mother was a sew-tress, while her father, a retired U.S marine ran the local pub. Her little town Mi' guandi was what she called utopia, a little piece of heaven. Mi'guandi was known for its tropical forest, it grew so many fruits and vegetables that was enough for the animals and the people. The river which they use for cleaning, washing. and drinking, it seemed to never get dirty. It always had this sparkly aura to put the final touch to their peaceful home. That was until Stephan's father who was the Ceo and Director at the time had purchased the land where Mi'guandi rested on and ordered an expedition to search for some type of cave. There was no more explanation but that and the order sought through by evicting the native people out of their homes. They gave notices saying they had a year before the expedition started to clear out of the town.

While the people went to the mayor crying and begging on what to do. Hallie felt like this would be a part of something great and save her home at the same time. In the little time of her being in the organization, she became acquainted and fell in love with Stephan. Within 6 months they were engaged to be married. She went to her home to tell her parents the news. Her parents shunned her telling her that Stephan and the Order were evil people who didn't care about destroying the culture or the likely hood of the Mi guandi. She wanted to explain to them what she was doing. But she knew that if she revealed the truth of why she was there, they would have stopped her.

"I carried her for nine months.....I felt her movements, the kicks...I spent 16 hrs in labor with her by myself.... i did that without you. So yes, she is my child." She stated. " You were just a mere incubator for that parasite. After that accident when she turned 12, i told you it would get worse. And now here we are 18 years later. We end this now before it's too late, we start the procedure tonight."

" No...Stephan please....Don't, what about all the research, translations from the cave....the discoveries  i did." She pleaded. " It's not enough. She is the key to all of this. " He puts his hand on her cheek caressing it as tears fell from her face. " I promised we will be truly happy Hallie." He walked away leaving  her standing there in shock. After everything she did....sacrificed, It still led to her daughter's demise.