Chapter 9

Meanwhile back on earth: Congo-Niger Area 

Author Pov

It had been a week since Hallie and the others had disappeared.  Stephan had surveillance at least for about 10 miles out in the jungle and he couldn't understand how he couldn't track three women and a mutt. He sat in his office looking at the same camera every day seeing if he missed anything or something. He sighed pissed at himself for not checking the surroundings for more caves. The last time he went into a cave was the one in Mi'guandi which was over 30 years ago and that was to stop Hallie from going in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

30 years ago

Baby I don't think this is good idea."  24-year-old Stephan says as he follows his fiancé through the Congo jungle. Hallie decided that they take a walk since he didn't know much about the area that his father was evicting the people out of. " It will be fine, trust me." She chuckled as she carefully walked over the thick roots of the trees that sprung up out of the ground while Stephan was tripping every five second. " Stephan pick up your feet." She laughed when he lost his footing falling into some mud. By this time, he was over it and wanted to go back to the estate. " Oh, baby I'm sorry, it really not that bad." She tried to hide her laugher when she saw that he was not in the mood. " Not that bad.... Hallie looked at me I'm covered in what I hope is mud. " He turned nose up as the vile smell of the "mud" flooded his nostrils. " Come on we can go to my home really quick and get you washed up." She stated. She started walking back towards her village when she stopped realizing Stephan wasn't behind her. " What wrong?" she asked. "You know your folks don't like me." He stated. 

" My parents don't know you to not like you. Maybe if we go and introduce you to them, then maybe they will understand you and the organization more." She speaks. He sighed thinking if it was a good idea. " Stephan come on, you can even sit down with my mom and laugh at all of my embarrassing childhood photos. " She negotiates making him smile a little when he heard pictures.

'Well if you insist, I always wonder what teenage Hallie looked like." He says chuckles as they started to walk back. He immediately slipped falling down a hillside hitting vines and plants on the way down as he uses his arms as a shield.  " Shit." He grunted as he hit a trunk of a tree which put his sliding to a halt. " Stephan......Stephan, are you okay?" She yelled as she carefully climbed down the hillside. " Yeah, I'm good." He slowly got up even more pissed of how muddy he was. " I should've stayed my ass in Georgia." he mumbled as he picked the twigs and leaves out his hair. " I told you baby; you have to watch your step out here. " She Chuckled. " Yeah, yeah." He waved her off as he continues to clean himself off. Hallie went to say something else, when she heard a whisper.

" What was that?" She looked around her surroundings. " What was what?" He asked. She shushed him as she tried to locate the sound. She walked farther into the jungle pushing big plants back as Stephan followed her. " Hallie....Baby what are you hearing?" He asked. " I'm not sure." She Replies as she was in daze as the whispers kept repeating itself. The whispers were in a language she couldn't understand, but they got louder and louder until they stopped in front of a cave.