Chapter 6

Somewhere in the middle of the Congo jungle

Mi'kayla Butler

I groaned as I woke up to ringing in my ear. It didn't help the fact that my face was still bruised and swollen making the ringing and pain ten times worse. I jumped when I felt something run across my face. " Shit." I grunted as I lifted up looking around to see I was outside with a lot of trees and plants everywhere. It was muggy and humid; I took off my crew neck sweatshirt just leaving me in my wife beater on. " Okay so we go from being in some type of building to being in the middle of the jungle and like how I did get out here? great.... just great" I'm groaned "I'm not in Georgia....I don't know if I'm even in the states anymore. " I sighed tying my sweater around my waist. " Justus......Justus!" I yelled out realizing I was in the middle of the jungle...alone.

Suddenly I heard something running through the plants. "Please....please not like this, I'm a therapist for crying out loud......." I whispered as my life flash before my eyes. Out of all the ways I could've died, this is how I'm going out. I close my eyes not wanting to see the beast, suddenly I heard sniffing and felt nudges on my leg. I opened my eyes to see Justus's dog. " Oh, thank God, I'm so happy to see you. "I sighed with relief as I kneeled down hugging and petting him.

"What are you doing out here by yourself....where Justus?" I asked looking around. He turned his head to the passage he just ran from. "Can you take me to her?" I ask him. Honestly I had been to talking to him this whole time not knowing if he understood me. I got my my answer when he started walking away and looking back to make sure I followed him. We walked for a min as i swatted at the bugs that was attacking me. The dog stopped which made me look up from fighting the bugs to see we stopped in front of a big dark cave.

  The dog stopped which made me look up from  fighting the bugs to see we stopped in front of a big dark cave

"S..she in there?" I asked hoping he just stopped to pee or poo. He walked in as if we were entering the dog park. The farther I walked, the darker it gotten. There was some light every now and then through the cracks of cave's ceiling. The dog walked faster towards someone balled up in the darkest part of the cave. "Justus....is that you?" I walked towards her. "Don't......just stay there.... please." She semi yelled. "What wrong.... are you hurt?" I asked concerned. She seemed like she was hurting the way she balled up with the papers and some big book surrounding her.

"Justus whatever it is I can -" " I SAID STOP!" I froze at the growl that came from her mouth. She started rocking back and forth as she held her head. " I don't want to hurt you." she says softly. " Just....just take deep breathes okay. We got to calm down and think, Find your mom a-" " She's dead." I stopped in mid-sentence .... what did she say? " Wait what.... what are you talking about?" I asked. " The older lady.... she...she put her arm through.... her chest." She cried. " Wait....wait what older lady?......I don't understand." I step closer to Justus and silently gasped at the sight. Justus's skin was marked with these strange symbols, they looked as if they were tattooed on her. Her eyes were goldish greenish, her canine teeth were long for a human being. " Justus." I whispered. I was stuck and lost for words. In my line of work, I heard and seen some crazy shit, but this what was scariest by far. " Something wrong with me....and the one person that has the answers is dead......I tried reading the book, these files and nothing makes sense......I don't know why this is happening to me........any of this." She tiredly waves her hand.