Chapter 1

Alora pov
"Miss Alora, would you like to tell what you were daydreaming about?" Our history teacher said while looking at me in a annoyed expression. I jerked my head upand looked around. Everyone was either snickering or laughing at me.

"Uhm I apologize mam.." I looked at her. She rubbed her temples. "Even if you are the best student in this class, I won tolerate this type of behaviour. Saying this she turned and continued her teaching session.

The class was so boring and exhausting. I looked at the nerd guy near me and he looks like he would jump put of the window in any second. Thankfully, the bell rang.

"Alright everyone dont forget to do your homework and submit it tommorow at my office". She left after saying that.

I grabbed my bag and got out of the class. I got out of the school and saw a pure plastic barbie doll.

.....

Its actually my sweet 'sister'.
She and her friends were flirting with the soccer team of the school. My sister's target was obviously the bad boy you see in every school. And he of course was enjoying her attention. And they both pulled into a kiss which I, am unlucky to be a witness.

Aren't they 13 smth?

I rolled my eyes and walked to home. My sis gets picked up by my stepdad while i should walk. He says I dont deserve princess treatment and that i should be grateful they are giving me food and roof over my head.
I continued walking till I recahed my favourite bakery. As soon I enetered, I smelled the aroma of freshly baked cookies and cakes.
"Finally peace" i thought to myself.

I went to order my food and i saw Mr Dean the owner of this bakery.

"Ahh Alora darling Im happy to see you" he looked at me and have me a warm smile. He was like a grandpa figure to me and unlike my stepfamily, he welcomes me warmly.

I gave him a small hug and smiled. "Well my day wouldn't be complete without having a cookie from here"
"So its your usual order i see?"
"Yep"

I sat in the seat near the window and took out the book I borrowed from the library to read. I kept on reading and soon my order came. I opened the paper bag whch had my tea and cookies. I munched on my cookie while reading.

I didnt know time has passed until I looked at my watch. It was gonna be 5 and i had to reach home. I paid the money for my food and went back to home.

As i was returning back home, I saw kids paying and spending time with their parents. Tears formed in my eyes but I refused to let it fall. They looked so happy and it was hard to not be jealous of them.

I reached home and opened the door and Ellie was sitting there with a smirk on her face. I had a feeling she did something and she did.

"ALORA"

I heard the voice of my father and he was rushing towards me. Before I could process on what was happening i felt a painful sting on
my cheek.
He slapped me..

I looked at him with tears in my eyes. "W-what did i do..?". He pushed me on the ground and gave me a few kicks. "F-father please stop" I sobbed and begged him to stop. It was very painful and the scars from yesterdays beating was still there.

He stopped  after a few mins and looked at me. "Why would you bully your sister in school useless brat?" He looked very mad.

I turned towards her and she had a sly grin. She got up from couch and ran to mother who was watching my torture in amusement. "All I ever tried to do was help her.. " she cried while hugging her mother.

"What do you mean help?"

He slapped me again. "Dont fcking talk brat. We provide you with food and shelter and you had to bully your sister". I looked down on the ground and squeezed my hands.

"But i didnt do anything.."

"Go to your room. Your not getting dinner tonight"

I slowly got up and went to my room. My ribs were hurting and i was'nt able to stand properly. I took the first aid kit from my table and treated my wounds.

I sighed and looked at my room. It was very small and dirty. The paints were fading and the roof had leakage.

I hoped in my bed and looked out of the window. Today was hell. I mean everyday is but i got beating at morning for putting too much salt in their food.

I hate this town so much. Everyone judges me and avoids me in everything. I dont have any friend or someone I could hang out with. I am just a loser and weak girl to everyone.

The only one who cares for me is Mr Dean..

"I hope my life would change" and with that saying i fell into sleep.
______________________________

Ok in my opinion this is trash. Please bear with me if its cringe.