Chapter 3

Alora pov
I woke up hearing the sound of my alarm and turned it off. I pulled my covers away and went to freshen myself up.

It was only 6:30 and school starts at 8 but I had to go early because I have to walk, unlike Ellie who gets driven to school.

After doing my business, I took my school bag and went downstairs. Ellie was busy with her phone and mother was making food. Father was reading the paper.

I heard my stomach grumbling and i put my hand on it.

Oh yeah i didn't had dinner yesterday

I silently went to the kitchen and i could feel father's eyes on me. I looked down not making eye contact with my mother.

"Can I have breakfast please?" Hoping that I could get food as I was really hungry.

She stared at me for a few seconds and said "Go make yourself breakfast". She said in an annoyed tone but I was glad that she atleast allowed me to eat something.

I put my bag in the table and took bread and eggs from the shelf. I decided to make toast and scrambled eggs.
I stuffed myself with the food i made & went to the front door. Father was reading the paper still not looking or talking at me. Ellie looked at me and slightly snickered.

Sigh

I started making way to school. I looked at my watch and it was 7:15am. I continued walking but stopped when I reached Mr Deans Bakery.
My eyes widen as I saw the front board of the bakery being removed and I saw the tables and other things from the bakery being taken into the big truck thing.

I saw Mr Dean talking with a lady and she handed him some papers.

I ran to him and grabbed his arm. "Mr Dean.. w-whats all this?"

He turned around surprised. His eyes softened when he saw it was me. He looked at me in a sad and nervous expression. He bent down in my height and took my hands into his.

"Alora darling, Im sorry that i didn't tell you sooner about this but.." he took a breath and sighed.

"Im moving"

I was shocked and I froze at my place. Before I knew it tears filled my eyes.

"W-what..?" I felt a lump on my throat. It was hard for me too speak.

"I have to move away from this town. It is hard to make a living here and not only that I have debts to pay off. I hope you understand."

He became quiet, waiting for my reply. I fidgeted with my fingers and looked at his eyes slowly.

"Will I ever see you again?" He is the only person who loves me very much and see's me as a human.

"I will try too. Hopefully we'll meet each other again."

I just nodded my head in reply.

We stood there quietly. There was a slight cool breeze and it felt good on my tear dried face.

Without any thought, I hugged hum for the last time I think. He gave me a warm hug back too. He patted my head and got up.

"Go to school Alora, don't wait here anymore for me okay?"

I raised my head and gave him a small smile.

"See you again Mr Dean" I waved my hand at him and continued walking to school.

Sigh

And my only comfort is no more..

I soon reached my school and went to my class and took a seat.