𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

CHAPTER THREE{rocky's records}

CHAPTER THREE
{rocky's records}

interviewer: how did you become the dunne brothers rhythm guitarist? did you audition?

elaine loving: funnily enough warren had come into the store looking for one of my old coworkers a couple weeks, maybe months even, after the wedding night. i was tuning a guitar, playing a few riffs and he just happened to be there.

warren rojas: our bassist had just quit and billy had moved eddie to bass so we needed another guitarist. its funny because graham had been talking about how he would never see her again, and here she was just twenty minutes from his house.

WARREN WALKED INTO ROCKYS RECORDS, LOOKING FOR A BLONDE HE HAD MET EARLIER THAT WEEK. He had his shades one, his curly hair in a big mess, but he still looked good. His eyes wandered throughout the store, his ears perking up at the sound of Whole Lotta Love by Led Zeppelin. Even if it was a newer song, Warren knew exactly what it was. The curly headed man followed the sound, not even worried about the girl he was supposed to meet.

"No way." At the front counter, her feet up on the desktop and a fender in her lap. "You're the girl from the wedding." The brunette didn't bother looking up as Warren placed his glasses on his head, using them to keep his hair out of his face.

"Sorry, I crashed your wedding, but thanks for the free booze." Warren chuckled as she looked up at him through her long lashes, smirking when she realized he wasn't here to bust her for crashing a wedding. "You're the drummer from the knockout wedding. The guitarist punched out that dude, right?" The Rojas man nodded his head as he leaned onto the desk, watching as she strummed against the strings.

"Hey, do you think you'd be willing to stop by Billy's house and play them a song or two. Our bassist quit and we're looking for a new guitarist."

"Yeah, just give me an address and I'll be there."

elaine loving: i wasn't in it because i was gonna be in a band, i was in it because i loved playing the guitar. i could care less if i was in the band, that was just the cherry on top.

interviewer: how did the audition go?

eddie roundtree: at first billy was into it. he thought a female guitarist might get us a bigger audience, but then he realized how distracting she was.

interviewer: when you say distracting, what do you mean?

warren rojas: have you seen laine? it's pretty safe to say that at some point all of the guys were infatuated with her, even me at some point. elaine loving was one of the prettiest women we had ever seen, i mean, cami's up there too. but we knew both dunnes were in deep shit.

eddie roundtree: i had a crush on el when i first met her. graham just happened to be the lucky one. same with cam. i guess the dunne boys were just too good of a deal to pass up for those girls. couldn't help but fall in love with cam or el.

interviewer: did you know elaine was going to be auditioning that day?

graham dunne: i walked out of the house, and she was just there with a big ol' smile on her face.

ELAINE STOOD IN FRONT OF THE BAND, HER GUITAR IN HAND. She had just arrived to the house, greeted by Eddie, Warren, and Billy. Graham was nowhere in sight but Elaine wasn't worried, because she wasn't here for him, she was here to play the guitar.

"Graham, come on!" The older guy, who's name she found out to be Billy, Graham's older brother, waited for his younger brother to come out.

"I'm coming!" Elaine watched as the boys all sat in front of her as the door into the house opened, a curly headed boy walking out. His eyes were on the floor, not knowing the girl from the wedding was standing in front of him. "What are we-" Before he could finish, the younger Dunne brother looked up, seeing Elaine with her guitar in hand and a grin on her face. "Elaine."

"Hey, Dunne."