Anthony

"On dang," Tiffany said as she pulled into her driveway. Mrs. Faith wasn't kidding when she said she was inviting people over. I look at the different cars as she sighed.

"Who are they?" I asked Tiffany.

"My Aunt Christi, her husband, my cousin, my uncle, and my brothers' friend." I let out an airy laugh as I rubbed my hands on my pants.

Damn, the whole family? I thought. I better make a good impression. I looked at her when she placed a hand on my shoulder.

"All I'm gonna say is, I'm sorry for anything they say." I chuckled as she unlocked the car, and I got out. She watched me through the window with a small smile.

"It's ok. I'm good with people." I smiled back as I helped her out and closed the door. As we walked inside the house, it was apparent that the kickback was in full swing, with Marvin Gaye blasting through the stereo. I followed Tiffany to the living room where Callum was playing a game with his friend, Nick. I shook his hand and then spoke to her cousin, Jacob, who was watching the game. They were chill pretty dudes from what I could tell. But they weren't the ones I needed to impress.

"Ready?" Tiffany held my hand, looking at me as we stood at the back door where the battleground awaited me.

"Yes ma'am," I half smiled. She smiled softly and opened the door.

We walked out and the smell of BBQ filled my nostrils and my mouth watered with excitement.

"There they are," A woman who had a cane said. She was standing by Mrs. Faith, who turned to look at us from the grill she was standing at. She grinned at us happily.

"Damn, Tiffany really came home with a man," A woman with a scar on her face said with a smile. What happened to her? I wondered as the two older men stood up from their seats where they were drinking, holding their beers. It was time to impress and razzle-dazzle. I smiled my tv smile as Tiffany introduced me.

"This is Anthony, Anthony, this is Brooklyn, " Scar lady, "Aunt Christi and Uncle Wilson," The woman with a cane, who looked similar to Mrs. Faith, and a man with a salt and pepper beard. "They are married," She added. "And Uncle Richard," I shook everyone's hand and tried to memorise everyone's name.

"It's nice to meet y'all," I said happily.

"Oooh, Tif, he's cute!" Aunt Christi said and we laugh. Tiffany blushed poking me gently.

"I know," she replied boosting my confidence, while hugging her aunt to greet her. I walked to Mrs. Faith to see what she was grilling.

Ribs! Hell yeah!

"It smells good Mrs. Faith, " I said and she laughed looking at me with a knowing look, that only a mother could give.

"I heard they are your favorite. You have to tell me what you think,"

"I'm sure they will be delicious," I grinned at her.

"Did you two eat anything?" Aunt Christi walked to me, curiously looking at me. I must be the first guy Tif brought home because they were staring at me like I was the new species at the zoo.

"We had snacks at the mall," I said. "We knew Mrs. Faith was cooking and I didn't want to full up." I finished. I noticed Tiffany slowly side-stepping her way over to me as if trying to not be noticed.

"Did you enjoy yourself?" Christi asked.

"Yes ma'am. We don't have a big mall like that in Killeen. The Alamo was also pretty cool. I thought it would be bigger but overall it was nice." I smiled and looked at Tiffany who magically appeared by my side. She was so cute, I wanted to kiss her. But I'll wait until she kisses me, so she doesn't feel pressured. She was smiling though as I conversated with her family. She, much like myself, was probably relieved things were going smoothly. "Plus it was nice to see where Tiffany grew up," I grinned at her. She rolled her eyes at me playfully as I grabbed her hand. We stood talking with each other for a little bit. I learned that Richard was a businessman and a DJ during the night. He has three kids, two were in Houston and Jacob was his only boy. Then Brooklynn was Christi's and Wilson's daughter. I swayed Tiffany's hand in mine while I talked when Brooklynn let out a satisfied hum.