Tiffany

"Ready to go see some football?" Anthony grinned at me as I walked out of my dorm room. I rolled my eyes playfully at his contagious happiness.

"Sure," I replied and walked into his warm embrace. I closed my eyes taking in the cologne that I love so much. I gave him a final squeeze before I pulled away. I looked over his athletic-6'2-basketball-player form and realize that he got yet another haircut. The hi-top fade that I was used to seeing him in was more lined than the last time I saw him. As well as his beard. He wore black jeans with a white shirt that was covered with a black bomber jacket.

"I'm warning you I don't know much about football," I added as a pull my dark brown knotless braids over my shoulder. My body ignites when he grabs my hand and entwined our fingers to lead us towards the elevator.

"I'll explain everything you don't understand," He beamed his pearly whites at me as he leaned sideways towards me, giving me a gentle nudge. I giggled softly as I nudged him back just as gently when we stop in front of the elevator. He turned to look at me, his brown eyes looked at me with admiration. "I'm just happy we can finally hang out again. I know we both have been busy this week," Once again I'm captured in his spell. He was perfect, from his voice, his looks, his attitude, how you treated me, to his kisses...my mind goes back to the question I had about us: Why wasn't he my boyfriend?

Once we were in the elevator I took the time to look him over again. We've kissed three times, not that I'm counting... maybe he just doesn't want the title. I frowned at that thought. Would I still allow such intimate affection if he doesn't want it? Should I even ask if he wants the title? I sighed then hugged his arm gently. He smiled at me. I grinned back at him and decided: I don't wanna know the answer. I just want to stay in my cloud...just for a little while longer.

000

It was cold. I sat in the bleachers around hundreds of fans including Anthony, Cole, Gary, and Mary. They groaned when our team got tackled. I couldn't help but chuckle. Why do people play this sport? Then the wind blew, reminding me why it's not a good idea to be in the cold while mother nature's flow is upon me. I rubbed my arms before pulling my coat tighter around me.

"Do you want some hot chocolate?" Anthony's smooth deep voice rang in my ear. With a smile, I nodded quickly.

"Please," I said. "I got $2," I added, about to go into my purse.

"Tif, don't worry about it," He half smiled at me before he left. I sighed to myself watching the ever-lasting game with his friends. They make snarky comments about how our team sucked. After listening to them I kind of agreed. The football team could be much better than what they were doing.

"This game is stupid," Gary stated as Anthony came back holding a small styrofoam cup. He smiled at me when he sat down.

"Here you go," he handed me the cup of hot chocolate.

"Thank you," I replied cheerfully, then let the steam cover my face to warm me up.

"What did I miss?" He asked making me freeze. I looked at him and he gave me a knowing look. He gave me a whole lesson on football on our way over...Is this a test?

"Uh..." I sat up, trying to think of what we went over when suddenly Mary spoke up before me.

"Watson fumbled the ball like an idiot. I swear dude gots Butterfingers," My eyebrows rose at that. She's actually into the game! I thought she was just here because of her obsession with Anthony. I watch as their conversation went smoothly about the football game. I'm reminded of when I first started talking to Anthony and the thought that they were dating. They were really good together.