Not Mine

A/N: This chapter was written in mostly  Pedri's POV so that we can see why he is the way he is...

Also, all the football knowledge here about what they do before a match or in training is absolute bullshit that I made up . And the matches are random not according to the real life La Liga fixtures.

Enjoy reading 💞💖
.
.
.
.
.

        Pedri couldn't really remember the exact date or time they'd decided to become 'friends with benefits.'

They had felt the tension between them  ever since the first day; but neither of them had  acted on it . They pretended as though they were normal teammates ; professionals just like everyone else. Neither of them wanted to turn the small speck of desire into a forest fire of lust .

Pedri had always considered himself to be straight; never once had he felt any attraction towards the same gender. But then he laid eyes on the prettiest boy he'd ever seen. And gosh... was he beautiful. He had these big brown doe eyes perfectly poised under dark eyebrows, fluffy brown hair that looked so soft, it made the older want to run his hand through it. His chiseled jaw which made all his features stand out were complimented by slightly chubby cheeks of his adolescence.His lips, pink and pouty; almost too feminine for the rest of his features. His fair skin was almost pale  leaving out certain areas covered in tan because of being soaked in the sun everyday for training and matches.  Pedri could go on days and days thinking about the younger's beauty.

But he was not gay... He couldn't be gay.

All the years and years of his efforts; his physical exertion, hardships, his parents' sacrifices, he had spent his blood, sweat and tears and everything else in between to lead up to this very moment. This moment .

F C Barcelona.

He reminded himself of all his other peers who'd started the journey of football with him, had struggled just as much as him, sacrificed the same things he had if not more than him,  but by something out of sheer luck or God's grace, it had been  Pedri who had been the one to get to play for Barca while they played for small clubs in minor leagues. The thought alone deprived him of his sleep on certain nights.

Pedri couldn't throw all that away just because he found a fellow teammate 'pretty' .

Everyone in football liked to pretend as though LGBTQ was promoted and accepted, all the footballers with their showy  rainbow bands; it was really quite literally all just for show...In reality, he had heard players whispering to each other how much they would hate to change and shower with any man who would 'eye' them. The players would laugh at it like a cruel joke, Pedri had to admit; even he would laugh along  awkwardly trying to fit in, his own laugh sounding foreign to him.

He had heard stories of how footballers who came out to their teams were treated like some sort of disease in the locker rooms; isolated so much to the point that it ruined the team equilibrium and the coaches and managers would be forced to end their contracts prematurely or send them off to other clubs.

It ruined the career of those players and Pedri wanted nothing of that sort ever happening to him. He'd choose Barca anyday over making a useless scandal of himself.

****

When Pedri had initially moved to Barcelona, he had a girlfriend, Sienna. They had been childhood sweethearts together for a long time; five years to be exact. She was pretty, sweet and nice; a typical girl that would steal your heart. Pedri had always seen himself ending up married to her, raising children of their own in a luxurious home by the beach in Tenerife.