The Other Man

As the final whistle blew, Gavi stood on the home ground of their rivals; spaced out while the feeling of numbness spread through his spine down to to his finger tips and all the way to his legs. His brain could barely register the loud screams from the fans all around the huge flashing stadium, some in victory but mostly in despair, the waving flags of Espanyol and Barcelona blurred in his vision, his teammates' shouts of 'Vamos!' and 'Champions!' blending into one, he felt hands ruffling his hair and arms hugging him. But how could he be so numb yet so conscious at the same time?

One thing he knew for sure, he'd never been more ecstatic his entire life; never felt more joy. His emotions lay thick on his throat and unshed tears clung to his brown eyes.

Barcelona had just won the La Liga...

His club...

The club he'd given up his entire childhood to; they were now Champions of Spain.

Pedri approached him with slow steps, unsure of what to do or how the younger would react to anything he did. He was dying to hold the younger in his arms but he knew he was in no position to cross any boundaries.

Gavi turned to face him, one smile from the younger and suddenly Pedri was pulling him into an embrace, burying his face deep into the Sevillan's neck while his arms encircled his waist, desperately holding the younger as close to him as he could. Gavi slowly brought his arms around the older, but they hung loosely around Pedri's shoulders; he hadn't been expecting to be the object of Pedri's affection, not after what had went down .

Pedri felt like he could finally breathe again; as though the younger was his source of life and his reason to live had been returned to him. Having him this close to him after what felt like forever felt so unimaginably good, so fucking amazing that if it were up to the older, he'd die right then and there; at that very moment moment, blissful and in his arms.

But then Gavi placed his hands against his chest and slightly pushed as he pulled away; Pedri had to stop himself from audibly whimpering at the separation. He looked at the younger with clear hurt and confusion etched deep into his features, his hands still stubborn, reached out to hold the younger's, hoping to intertwine their fingers. But Gavi simply squeezed his hand before letting go and running off to Ansu.

The short lived celebration disrupted by the Espanyol fans continued onto the locker room; nothing was going to ruin their mood tonight.

All the rest of the celebrations; the parade, the official dinner and the trophy presentation at Camp Nou passed altogether at 10x speed for Gavi, his mind barely getting the rest to cope up with everything after a roller coaster of a season they'd endured. Attention and recognition were nothing new for the younger; he'd been a part of this lifestyle for as long as he could remember, even as a child in La Masia. But the last few days had been overwhelming and exhilarating even for him.

Perhaps his teammates felt the same; he could see it behind their tired smiles and unfocused eyes trying to be as polite as they could to the endless interviewers and fans.

Ansu, however, was a whole other story. He seemed to never tire of celebration and fun, and so he decided to host the 'last party' for the team, inviting them to his luxurious apartment. Most of the older players kindly declined the offer; stating that they were too old and boring for house parties. So it was going to be just the younger players and a few old friends of Ansu's from La Masia and outside.

Ansu had specifically ordered Gavi to come to his house two hours prior to the actual timing to help him tidy the house.

But when the younger stepped into the appartment, he was rather pleasantly surprised to find everything already in place; the huge living area was dark with golden lights being the only source of illumination and Ansu's personal bar was already looking freshly stocked with drinks, expensive looking snacks were laid out on tables with huge flowers in vases, the marbled floor shined crystal clear while the huge windows were wide open, curtains pulled back letting in the cold night's wind. The younger couldn't understand what more could he possibly do.