Oh, Brothers

VERITY'S POV
~_______~_______~

I woke up, snuggling with Emilio. He looked peaceful and his hair was messy and all over the place. I played with his curls for a bit before I decided to get up.

   I gently pulled away from him and got ready for the day. After I did skincare, took a shower, and did the rest of my hygiene, I put makeup to cover bruises and scars. I decided on wearing a large dark blue sweater that said "I'm the best sister ever" in small letters and some grey sweatpants. I put on a gold necklace + rings and earrings and put my hair into a high ponytail with two curly strands out front. When I got done, I gently shook Emilio awake. He didn't shower. Nasty. He quickly got ready, changing his outfit to a plain grey t-shirt and some shorts. He was my brother, but this man had no style. I jumped on his back and he rolled his eyes, agreeing to give me a piggy back ride.

We were on the start of the steps going downstairs when I had the sudden urge to slap his neck. I slapped his neck, making sure to hit the bare spot. He dropped me and slowly turned around.

"Run." He told me.

So I did, laughing like a maniac. I ran downstairs and into the living room when he came stampeding after me. We were on either sides of the coffee table. When I went left, he went right- me right, him left. I decided on running behind me and I almost made it when a pair of arms grabbed me and I was thrown over Emilio's shoulder.

"Nice try, sis. But you'll never outrun the amazing track star, Emilio." He laughed.

"Let me down! And I let you catch me. I'm actually a very good runner," I grumbled.

"Whatever you say." He set me down on a seat at the table, where food was laid out everywhere. It was only now I realized that everybody - and I mean everybody- was in the living room, either staring at us blankly or trying not to laugh. Francesco had a very amused look on his face, as if he was happy his children were getting along.

I looked around and realized Matteo was the only one not here. I frowned at his absence but didn't say anything.

"I think that was the first time I've seen Emilio laugh, and the first time I've seen Verity talk since I've got here." said Carlo. I smiled at him.

"Yea, it's like as soon as Verity steps into the room everybody is happy." Castor snorted.

"I'm a witch. I put everybody under a spell so that they all love me." I whispered to Emilio. "Not that I need it anyway, they're charmed by my amazingness either way." I mumbled under my breath, and didn't think anybody heard me until Valentino choked on his food and burst out laughing.

I looked at him and his red face, and couldn't stop the laughter that escaped my lips. We both were laughing our asses off, practically dying when I looked up and saw Matteo, leaning in the doorway. I stopped laughing right away and so did Valentino when he saw what I was staring at. Matteo looked beat up, his face was bruised and he was rocking a black eye and busted lip. His fists were also bruised and consisted of dry blood. Matteo paused for a second, as if he was about to say something, but just left.

"You need to discipline that boy, Francesco. Talking to his sister like that, tsk tsk, what a shame. He needs to know how to respect. Have you taught nothing to him? He is disgraceful to this family." Scoffed my grandfather from the end of the table.