Fight!

VERITY'S POV
~_______~_______~

Holy shit shit fucking shit.

Nicolas Ricci is the don of the Spanish Mafia.
Nicolas Ricci is the second best assassin and underground fighter in the underworld.
Nicolas Ricci is standing before me right now, ready to fight.

Out of all things I expected, this was not one of them. Tonight, I could get seriously injured.

Don't get me wrong, I've fought men bigger and stronger than Nicolas Ricci. But from what I've heard.. 'Blade' uses both his strength and his brains when he fights. He has strategy, he always has plans.

So do I, but Blade has practically been butting me off the first place for best assassin & underground fighter title for years.

And tonight? We're going to see who really deserves that title.

I observed him for a good second as we waited for the ref's signal. He really didn't have any visible outs. His stance was perfect, he was evenly balanced and I couldn't see any visible injuries.

That was until he stepped on his left foot too hard and winced slightly before covering it up quickly in hopes nobody would see.

Gotcha.

I also knew that Blade often let his anger get the best of him. Derek went with him on a mission once and experienced it firsthand. It was not pretty.

I purposefully leaned more on my right leg and glanced to the right side of him as if I was planning to attack there, and he noticed right away. His grin widened slightly but he put an emotionless facade on right after. Perfect.

The ref signaled us to start and we circled each other for a bit.

Finally, he sent the first hit. I dodged his right hook and leaned to the left, effectively punching his gut a few times before standing upright again.

He hunches over for a second before charging my way and attempting to kick my right leg, but I step back. He misses my leg but kicked my side instead, and I knew damn well that was going to leave a bruise.

We sent punches and blocks to one another, and this goes on for about a minute, the crowd waiting in anticipation.

Just as he steps his left foot forward to throw a punch directly at my nose, I step out the way and step onto his seemingly injured foot. He winces in pain and I take the opportunity to start throwing punches and kicks at him like crazy.

He recovers from his moment of weakness and starts to block them. Every time he threw a punch, I blocked. He hasn't gotten more than 5 hits on me this entire match and it was pissing him off, I could tell. Though those hits were hard, I'm sure they all will leave bruises.

He looks at me in the eyes and all I saw in his was pure, hot rage. He charges at me and just as he was about to reach me, I step aside and kick the back of his knees, sweeping him down and he loses his balance. He falls on the floor and I waste no time in straddling him, throwing punches to his ribs and trying not to hit his pretty face too hard.

This position we're in would be hot if I wasn't beating his ass.

....