Regret

VERITY'S POV
~_______~_______~

I woke up and snuggled against my pillow. It was comfortable.

I heard voices and opened my eyes to realize I wasn't in my bed snuggling with my pillow, but rather in a hospital bed snuggling with my 'older brother', Alexei. Memories came back to me and I groaned, getting up and looking around.

I spotted my entire biological family staring right at me and Alexei. God fucking damn, I thought only three people were allowed? I guess being in the Italian mafia has it perks.

"Stop moving." Groaned Alexei.

I smacked him upside the head, causing him to shoot up and glare at me, "You little shi-"

"Why were you two sleeping together?"

Me and Alexei looked at each other and then the source of the voice, my biological father- and burst out laughing.

"Why'd you have to say it like that, man.. that's so nasty." Alexei groaned, and I made a gagging noise.

"Get out Alexei, I think if they glare at you anymore they're going to burn holes into your head." I grumbled at him. It was true, everybody was glaring at him, even Andrea.

"Are you kicking me out right now? Wow Verity, I thought you loved me." He gasped, clutching his heart.

"She doesn't love you." Lorenzo mumbled coldly. I shot him a look before pushing Alexei off the bed and he fell onto the floor with a thud.

"YOU LITTLE SHIT - I'M TELLING DAD." He bellowed at me.

"Dad loves me, I'm the favorite, he wouldn't do anything." I said, sticking my tongue out, "now get out."

"Fine." Alexei grumbled, placing a swift kiss on my forehead, then put on his cold stare as he looked back at my biologicals. They stared each other down until he walked out of the room.

"Verity Lianne Moretti, I want an explanation and I want it now." Francesco snarled at me. He looked tired, everybody did, as if none of them had a blink of sleep.

I didn't know that was my middle name. Dope.

"For what?" I muttered.

"Everything! First you're calling somebody, stating they're your 'older brothers' and your 'father', then you faint , we come to the hospital to the doctors finding wounds all over your body! Then the fucking rus-" he cleared his throat, almost calling them 'the Russians', before continuing,"these people- come stating your his daughter and shit! You wont even let your own father hug you yet I come here and see you cuddling and sleeping with that boy!" He bellowed, referring to Mikael and Alexei.

He was yelling now, making me narrow my eyes.

"It is NONE of your business. You don't need to know that. It doesn't concern you. You aren't my father. Yes, you are biologically my dad, but blood does not make family. You are not my family, none of you are, so therefore I do not have to explain bullshit to any of you!" I too was yelling now, glaring at Francesco.

Andrea looked shocked at my outburst and my brothers looked hurt. I realized that neither Matteo nor Enzo were here, but I didn't really care. Why would I? I felt a slight pang in my heart when I locked eyes with my twin, though. He had genuine hurt in his eyes, and his hands were curled up in fists.

I felt kind of bad. He treated me with nothing but kindness. I softened my eyes at him a bit, hoping he gets the hint that I am not talking about him. In all honesty, I was starting to consider him my real family. Just a little bit.

"And yet I am your legal guardian, you are living under my roof, therefore you will explain yourself. I am responsible for you and what happens to you." Francesco snarled at me.

Furry much?

...

Anyways..

"Exactly, you are responsible for what happens, not what happened. My wounds were inflicted before I came here, therefore you have no right knowing what inflicted them."

Francesco stayed quiet for a moment, as if having a debate about something in his head. My brothers looked hurt. Andrea was pulling on Francesco's sleeve, telling him to give me space. Lorenzo had exited the room and Leonardo shuffled after him. Valentino was looking at me with a type of sadness now, I didn't know why. I just hope he realized that I do consider him as my family.

"I will let it go as you just woke up. We will be having a conversation soon, though. If you don't see me as your father, I don't see you as my daughter. You are just under my care because of legal reasons. Like what you said, blood is not always family? So I guess you aren't my family." Francesco said darkly. As soon as the words left his mouth, it felt as if somebody tore my heart out.

I know I just said that I didn't see Francesco as my father, but hearing it directed at me hurt. Was that how it felt? I shouldn't have said all that shit to him. Fuck, man. I messed up. Big time.

I looked up at him, making eye contact as our faces remained expressionless yet there was one emotion filling both our eyes;

Regret.
__________________________________
Word count : 982

SHORT CHAPTER BUTTTTT I NEEDED TO SPICE THINGS UP!! Ik it was fast and a lot happened in a short chapter but like idk what to write about LMFAO so I decided on drama 😎 u guys had a pretty cute chapter last time so yk I had to make you mad, duh

How are we feeling about Francesco rn??
Do you think there will be character development?
Do you think they will forgive and forget and he will step up as her father?
Or, the complete opposite?

Stay hydrated lovelies. I love you, vote and comment what u think<3

Im so not liking my writing lately its so ass im sorry yall😭