Death.

The two families stood around the grave as it rained heavily around them. All dressed in black,
tears streaming down each and every one of their faces.

No words were spoken as they stared at the grave. Flowers were bunched everywhere around the grey stone, alive and blossoming — looking as if they didn't belong in the cold, dead scene before them.

A few feet away stood a boy, a singular white rose in his hand. Silent tears formed in his eyes and he ushered them away.

He had barely known the girl. Yet he felt a sort of connection to her. A connection that he had never felt before.

When that sound was heard, the sound nobody wishes to hear in a hospital — it was as if his stomach did backflips. As if his heart stopped with hers.

The two families provided silent comfort to one another. Although they were supposed to hate each other, they couldn't bring themselves to. Not anymore. They knew she wouldn't want that.

They stared at the grave that contained the spirit of their sister, daughter, and best friend.

The grave that they vowed to visit everyday.

The grave that had the words Verity Moretti-Volkov imprinted on it.

As the people cried and grieved over this girl, they were unknown to the pair of eyes watching them from afar.

The pair of eyes that held regret but knew it was the right thing to do.

The pair of eyes they assumed they would never see again.

And she turned away from the dreadful scene, hood over her head, and went to start her new life.

Verity Moretti no longer existed. She was dead. Gone.

Yet, that day, Anastasia Lorenz was born — and she was nobody to be messed with.
__________________________________
Word count: 297

THE END.

jkjk

THE SECOND BOOK WILL BE OUT SOON... in the meantime I'm making another book bc I feel like it.

Similar plot line, yet more 'unique'. Or at least that's what I think.

TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS !