CHAPTER 7: Did that really just happen?

RINI'S POV:
After Jamie left my room, I couldn't sleep, there was too much running through my head. What would my parents think? When did he start feeling this strongly about me? What about our agreement? According to our agreement, we were supposed to get married and have a baby this year....was he even ready for this? Was I?

What am I going to tell Travis? I know Travis and Jamie got off to a terrible start, but he's a good man and doesn't deserve what I was about to put him through. With that thought, I decided to sneak out to talk to Travis tonight. That way, when Jamie wakes up tomorrow, we can talk about where to go from here and have no obstacles.

I snuck through the house, tip toeing and avoiding all the creaky floorboards, only to run into Rafe again.

"Oh, hi Rafe. Fancy meeting you here. What are you doing up still?" I asked him.

"I wouldn't be a good bodyguard if I didn't know when someone was sneaking around." He answered in a strong British accent.

"I just want to clear my head. Please don't wake Jamie over this, I know he will worry while I'm gone if he knows, but I'll be back real soon," I beg him

"Miss Serenity, I am not your bodyguard. I know that Jamie will be very upset if I don't tell him though. How about I take you wherever you want to go?"

"No, I have to do this by myself. You have to stay with the body you are hired to guard anyway. I'll be back in less than an hour, I promise."

"I'll give you half an hour before I tell him," was his resolution.

"Thank you thank you thank you! I owe you one Rafe." I jumped up and gave him a hug. I wanted this man on my side, just in case I ever needed him in the future.

I make the short drive over to Travis's, getting more worked up and feeling so bad about what I was about to do. I really did love Travis, and he loves me, but I know we aren't right for each other. Pulling in to his driveway, I see the lights on in the back of the house and his car in his driveway. I feel relieved, and anxious at the same time, that he's home right now.

I use the spare key he has to let myself in and walk into the living room. He isn't out here, just like I expected, so I walk towards the back of the house and I hear the shower running, so I walk towards the bathroom. I start talking as soon as I open the door.

"Hey Travis, sorry to surprise you so late, I just really needed to see you tonight." I look up and see the worst thing I could have seen at that moment.

Here I was feeling guilty about needing to break things off, and here Travis is, in the shower with that skank Vanessa. I'm frozen to the spot, all I can hear is Travis cursing, all I can see is naked body parts, and all I can think about is how long this has been happening. Travis finally makes it out of the shower and walks over to me dripping wet. He didn't even bother trying to cover himself up.

"Rini, you aren't supposed to be here. How did you get in?" He demands.

I hold up the spare key, "Is that all you want to say to me?" I scream. "You want to know why I'm here. I felt so bad about how you've been treated the past couple days, and I really needed to talk to you. What do I find instead, you effing that bitch in the shower! Did you even think about me at all today? Or was it great that I said I wanted some time with Jamie today so that you could go fuck someone else."

At this point, I'm so angry, I want to reach for that naked ho and throttle her, and all I see is her gloating face. Travis must have seen it in my face though, because he picks me up and takes me into the bedroom and shuts the door. Now, all my anger can be directed at the correct person. So I smack him hard in the face. Twice. Unfortunately, he's been drinking, and he is a mean drunk. He turns right around and hits me right back. Hard enough that I'm seeing little black dots in my eyes.