Chapter 6: Revelations Part 2

Sorry it took so long and this is short, I didn't like how I ended the other chapter, it didn't feel like it was done so I kept going. Unfortunately, I have some severe writer's block and it took FOEREVER. Ah well, here is part two of the story. Like, comment, vote and all that jazz.

JAMIE'S POV:

My heart had just been broken. Not just broken, it felt like Rini tore it out of my chest, crushed it in her hand, threw it on the ground and started tap dancing on it. I'm not really sure how I can possibly move on after this. I started gathering my stuff together, so I could give her the space she needs, when I heard the door open and footsteps walking slowly towards me. I figured it was Rafe coming to get me.

"I'm scared." I turned to look behind me and saw her standing there.

"I thought you left."

"I did, I made it all the way to Travis's house and parked in his driveway. But then I thought about how we left things and I can't leave it like this." My heart soared when I heard her say this.

"Why are you scared then?"

"Saying you love me, it scared me. I don't want anything to ruin our friendship, I've known you since we were babies. We bathed together when we were younger for god's sake! This scares me because what if you leave, just like everyone else I love?"

"I'll never leave you!"

"You already did once! I haven't seen you in four years, what's going to make you stay?"

"You are," I told her. "I left to get my life in order. You deserve better than a man who can't provide for you. You deserve so much better than me!"

"How can you say that? You are so much better than you believe." At this she came over and placed her hands on my arms, just that light touch had my head reeling. "I've loved you for a long time too Jamie, it's killed me seeing you with girl after girl over the years. When you moved, I decided to move on with my life as well. I couldn't just pine after you for the rest of my life. When I met Travis, we clicked...almost immediately. I'm not sure if he's the one for me or if I was just waiting for something better."

"You were waiting for me Rini. I know it, you know it...hell, I think even Travis knows it."

"Either way, there are too many things I have to think about, or we have to talk about before even thinking about being together. I just need you to respect this and let me figure things out."

I grabbed her in a big hug, "I'll let you have time, but I need you to know, Travis has three strikes in my book." I was going to win her heart, no matter what.

"You can't just give him three strikes because you want a chance with me. It has to be a fair shot."

"Ok, dinner was two of the strikes. Today, he hasn't called you once, even though we made it clear it was your birthday today not yesterday, to see how your day was. If I were Travis, I wouldn't even want you spending the time with another man, and if you insisted, which I know you would insist on spending time with me, I would be calling every twenty or thirty minutes."

"Today doesn't count, as you said, it's my birthday, I get to choose how to spend it and who to strike." She said, sticking her tongue out at me. "Besides, I thought you wanted me all to yourself, we decided this at dinner last night. One might even argue that you are the one that gained some strikes last night before Travis even started racking them up."

"Nope, I'm immune to strikes my dear." I said reaching for her hand.

Rini laughed and pushed my arm away from her. "Jamsie, you are a trip. In all seriousness though, I had an amazing time today, I can't remember when the last time I had so much fun was. But, I'm beat."

"Alright, let's go to bed then." I stood up and picked her up bridal style, causing her to laugh so hard she couldn't even talk.

I tossed her on her bed and started climbing in with her, hoping she wouldn't be adverse to the idea.

"Jamie, get out! You can't join me in bed anymore, it just isn't right."

"Oh, ok. Let's make it right then, marry me."

"Jamie, get out and go to your own bed."

"I love you Rini, and I'm never going to stop, so you may as well give in to your feelings for me and marry me."

"GOODNIGHT JAMIE, GO AWAY!" She yelled, throwing a pillow at me.

I dodged it easily and went into my room, thinking of everything that had happened today, I just know things are going to come out in my favor.