Chapter 27

**Imagine the suit in olive green**

"Bambi," I heard Dario call, but I did not bother opening my eyes. "Bambi, wake up. It's already one in the afternoon," he added, and I jumped from my bed. He was standing near the doorframe with a grin on his face.

"What?" I asked, shocked since this was the first time I had slept in this late. I missed my morning run. "That's not possible!" I looked at my phone to confirm the hour. 

Shit, my day is wasted now.

"I wanted to wake you up earlier, but you looked like you needed sleep, so I didn't. I went out with Enola and bought you an olive green suit, you don't have to wear it since you already have suits, as you said before, but Enola insisted I should get it." He placed the attire on my bed, and I loved the color and the fabric. Plus, it was my style.

I smiled, appreciating his kind gesture even though I had brought more than ten suits from home. "Thank you, and I will definitely wear it today." As I said that, his light smile brightened my mood. "So, our meeting is at eight?" I hung the clothes in the closet and opened the bathroom door.

"Yes, but I will leave earlier. I have something I need to take care of beforehand, though I will come and get you at seven and a half. You should be ready by then, okay?"

"Sure, now get out and let me take a shower." I entered the bathroom, slammed the door shut, and blushed hard, remembering yesterday's events. "Jolene, you are so stupid!" I hit my forehead on the door.

"One more thing before I go, Bambi," Dario said through the door, and I was sure he heard me rumble to myself. "I know you value your morning runs, but please don't go out alone. I have a training room in the basement, next to the meeting room you saw us in once. You can exercise there if you want. For now, I will be in my room."

I opened the door to see him scratching the nape of his neck. "Thanks for telling me before I showered." I grabbed my sports clothes and changed into them in the bathroom, and he went to his room.

~~~

It was six, and I finally stopped running on the treadmill. I had been exercising for four hours on my own. Dario left at five thirty, as he said he would. I sweated badly, so I took my time in the hot tub while listening to some music. I felt relaxed for the first time since I got here, but that did not last once Atlas' face crossed my mind. 

That motherfucking prick!

"Just forget about him for now, Jolene. He's not worth your time!" I encouraged myself to think of happy memories, and Dad falling into a pond a few years ago crossed my mind. Phoebe, Dad, and I went on a short vacation in the countryside, and Dad kept bragging about his skills in catching a small pig. The moment he came close to the animal, he fell into the pond, and Phoebe and I laughed for about an hour. His face was priceless, and we caught it on video.

When I was finally satisfied with my smooth, clean skin, I got out of the tub, wore my new suit, and decided to raise my hair into a tight ponytail. When I was finally done, I heard a knock on the door. "Come in," I said as I wore my elegant black high heels.