Chapter 45

TW: Violence, Blood

"Oh my! Deary me, what happened to you, sweety?" Dr. Snow was at the hospital's entrance, waiting for us, and I took in his British accent and appearance. He looked to be in his late forties, with a few graying hairs, a stylish outfit underneath the white coat, and beautiful butterfly tattoos on both hands.

Dario placed Diana on the stretcher and explained the situation to Dr. Snow. He looked livid for a few seconds, but then he composed himself and smiled at Diana, reassuring her that everything would be alright.

After half an hour, Diana entered a room with a few female nurses, Dr. Snow and Phoebe. Fabio decided to wait outside the room and guard the door. He wanted to murder the attacker but knew being her guard was as important.

~~~

After much arguing and yelling, Dario finally agreed I go with him to pay the fucking rapist a visit. He did not want me there, but I was too enraged to leave the bastard for the Mafia alone. I had a few things in mind for him, and I would not let anyone stand in my way. I would bring justice this time. "This is the last time I ask... Are you sure you want to witness his torture?"

I rolled my eyes. "I will take part in it. Now move." I shoved Dario aside and opened the large, heavy basement door. Basilio, Lazlo, Mattia, Abramo, Giovanni, Orlando, and other mafia members stopped what they were doing and stared at me with wide eyes. Their expressions paled, and I got confused. 

"Jolene, are you okay, dear?" Basilio rushed to my side and inspected my face. He cupped my cheeks, looking like he was about to cry.

I arched an eyebrow. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"Maybe because of the blood that's all over you!" Mattia remarked with fear in his eyes, and I looked down at my shirt and remembered that I had not washed up yet.

"Oh, that's not mine," I smirked as I looked at the weeping bastard on the floor. All men took a step back and looked at Dario.

"Yeah, she shot him before I could pull the trigger myself to kill him," Dario explained nonchalantly. I walked closer to the fucker, and grabbed a bat that was lying there with other torturing items. They had plenty, and I felt like a child in a toy store.

I scoffed. "Where is the justice if he just dies quickly? He needs to experience what Diana went through. He needs to rot in prison after chatting with him." I repeated what Dario said earlier today, and he placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Are you absolutely sure about this? You might get nightmares or feel guilty later down the road."

"Dario, I already have nightmares due to my fucking stalker, so a few more aren't much, but I would feel guilty if I didn't teach this prick a valuable lesson. Now, get the hell out of my way," I yelled at everyone in my sight, and they quickly stood to the side. They did not dare object, and Dario knew better than anyone else that I would not change my mind.

The bastard dared to grin once he saw me and tried to stand up. They did a good number on him. I must applaud their work. "You are just a whore. You shot me because you were scared I might do the same pleasurable act to you. I am not afraid of you or your little bat, cagna!" he had the nerve to talk, unaware of what was coming. He was digging his grave deeper and deeper.

I smiled wickedly.

I might not have it in me to murder like the rest of the men here, but I sure could punish someone who deserved it. I did not get my chance when a bastard raped Phoebe five years ago because the police got to him first. However, this is my second chance to seek real justice.