Chapter 1

I sat and looked out the window, watching everyone sing about how they love living this way. It's stupid. Air could become free again if we found a way to bring back the trees.

I would go talk to him but I can't. Not after what he did. He's the reason that this is the way it is. If only he would have listened to me.

Flash back

I had ran away from home, leaving the past behind me. I didn't stop walking. Even when my legs went numb I still kept going. Eventually I found a place. It was a beautiful place. I marveled over the beautiful sight ahead. Tall trees with fluffy tufts of warm colors. There was a stream of Crystal clear water running through the colorful forest. Roaming around the green grass wear small bears.

The fish protruded from the water, singing a beautiful melody. Yellow birds flew above the trees.

"waoh" I quietly say, still looking around at the scene. That's when I noticed  a man yelling at someone. The guy he was yelling at was short, orange and fuzzy. The tall skinny man had black hair and a hat atop his dark locks.

He went inside his house. The animals went back to minding their business. I began walking over to the man's house. Maybe he can give me some food or something.

I nervously stood in front of the door.

Knock knock knock

"hello?" I say. I nervously fiddled with my hands. He angrily opens the door.

"What do you wa-" he starts.

"oh! Sorry I thought you were someone else!" He says.

"that's okay. I was gonna ask if maybe I could come inside for a bit. I've been walking for like 3 hours straight now." I say, looking down.

"um sure. Come inside. Wait Yn?!" He says. He opened the door and let me in.

"omg Its you! Its been so long!" I say. He is my old friend. We've known each other since we were little kids.

"need some water?" He asks.

"yes please" I say. He hands me a glass of water. I gulped the water.

"so what are you doing out here?" He asks.

" I... I 'ran away' from home" I explained.  

"oh..." He said looking down.

"um anyway why are you here?" I ask. His expression lit up and he smiled brightly.

"I'm here to make a thneed. It's an invention that can do the job of a thousand!" He said, showing me a drawing of what the product will look like.

"woah that's cool!" I say.

"yeah it is!" He said. He blushed and cleared his throat.

"hey um do you have any place to stay?" He ask.

"no but I'd hate to be a burden to you" I reply.

"no not at all! You can stay here" he says. I looked into his blue eyes and felt a flutter in my guts.

AN: Hope you enjoyed this first chapter. Thanks to tiktok I'm in my Onceler phase again