Chapter 4

I woke up next to... The Lorax??!! I jumped up. I saw all of the animals laying everywhere.

the Onceler woke up screaming. The Lorax joined in on the screaming.

"what are they doing here, and follow up if I may... WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE??!" He asks the Lorax.

"well after the incident last night, we found one of you socks and came to return it. But when we got here you were asleep." The Lorax explains.

"sleeping is the body's way of telling other people to go away!" He says.

"I know but you two just looked so cozy! And it was cold outside and we just fell asleep. No harm done." The Lorax admitted.

The Onceler looked around at the animals misusing his belongings.

"Okay, that's it!" The Onceler says.

"what, I thought we made a deal last night?" The Lorax reminded.

"yes, we did. I said I wouldn't chop down more trees!" The Onceler says. Of course they're arguing.

"and I said I was going to keep an eye on you." The Lorax says. The Onceler held in his anger.

'you know what, I have work to do" the Onceler say. He walked back into the other room, dropping his pants and shirt. I blushed and looked away. He came out in his original clothes and holding the thneed.

"I gotta go into town and sell my thneed!" He says, holding it in front of the Lorax.

"You chopped down on of my trees to make that piece of garbage?" The Lorax laughed.

"garbage? Oh no you don't get it! This is a revolutionary product that will change the world as we know it." He says. I watched as h excitedly listed its uses. He looks so cute when he's excited. What am I thinking?

The Onceler grabs his guitar and walks out the door.

I didn't really know what to do so I just played card games. Later the Onceler came back, covered it red stuff.

"what happened?" I ask.

"Uh I didn't get any sales today..." He sadly admitted with his head down.

"I'm sure tomorrow will be better." I reassured. He gave me a hopeful smile.

"hey maybe do you want to help me?" He asks. I gasped and nodded happily.

"I would love to!" I say.

The next day the Onceler and I went to town.

We approached his spot that he went to yesterday. Melvin stood still as the Onceler came to say something to me.

"hey yn..." He says nervously.

"yeah?" I reply.

"do you wanna go get something to eat together maybe? Like... As a date?" He asks, scratching the back of his head and looking away. I blushed and I stared into his blue eyes. His cheeks were the same shade as the thneed around his neck.

"I would love that!" I smiled. His face lit up and he smiled at me. He began playing the guitar and singing his jingle.

People began to throw tomatoes at him.

I flinched as the red fruits came flying at us. We packed up and left. Still covered in the red mush we headed to the nearest food place.

"well that didn't go so well..." I say.

He just looked at me and we busted into laughter.