Chapter 3

The Lorax POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
once the two humans had fallen asleep we all snuck in. The bean pole slept in a bed while the other one slept on the floor.

Instead of carrying them separately we tossed the other one onto the bed next to him.

We carried the bed out of the house, it took a few tries but we were able to take them out of the window. I did some awesome poses as the barbaloots carried the bed. The fish sang a tune to fit the mood. We slowly and steadily lowered the bed into the water, watching the two invaders float away.

"nice work everyone. Couldn't have done it without you." I say. Just then, pipsqueak waved to us from the bed.

"you gotta be kidding me. Can he swim?" I asked. The barbaloot next to me shook his head.

"of course he can't swim! Hang on pipsqueak I'm coming to get you!" I called.

"hey you fishies, stop the bed!" I demanded. They tried by grabbing onto the blanket but just pulled it off. The Onceler shivered. He grabbed the person next to him and held them tightly.

We climbed up a tree, causing it to arch downwards. I tried to reach for pipsqueak but he didn't grab on. The bed turned, now going down another path.

Yn POV
~~~~~~~~~
I woke up feeling kind of cold. I felt 2 warm arms around me. It's the Onceler. I smiled to myself before realizing WE ARE OUTSIDE, ON THE BED, FLOATING IN THE WATER.

The smallest barbaloot moved to the other end of the bed, causing it to flip over. The Onceler awoke,realizing that I was in his arms. He quickly let go, blushing.

"what's happening? Where am I?" He asked. I just shrugged.

"hey we got trouble and it's coming up fast!" The Lorax shouted. We looked forward to see a waterfall. A very bumpy waterfall. I clung to the bed for dear life as we made our way down. My heart skipped A beat with each bump.

Oncie gripped my hand, causing me to blush.

We laughed as we made it down safely.

"oh no." We say at the same time. There was another waterfall. We desperately tried to make th bed go the other way.

"help is on the way!" The orange guy called. A giant boulder was launched at the bed, making the three of us fly through the air. We landed on the grass.

The Onceler was unconscious. I gasped. I Tried shaking him a few times but it didn't work.

I put my mouth onto his, giving my best attempt at mouth to mouth. He woke up coughing.

" I was heading into th light, and you pulled me right back and here I am! You saved my life!" The Onceler said, pulling me in tightly. I felt my face getting hot.

"how did my bed get in the water anyway?" he asks.

"Uhh about that... Actually I put your bed in the water." The Orange guy admitted. The Onceler was clearly disturbed.

"look I didn't mean you any harm. I just wanted to calmly float you away! Look everyone here needs the trees and your chopping em down! So we got a big problem!" The fuzzy orange explains. Pipsqueak tugged at the Onceler's pants, giving him a pleading gaze.

"okay, I hereby swear that I will never chop down another tree. I promise." He says.

After we found his bed and brought it inside he laid down. I laid down too.

"who's the orange guy?" I aked.

'the lorax. He claims to be some Guardian of the trees or something. " the Onceler explained.

"oh... Goodnight" I say.

"night y/n" he says. I buried my face into my pillow and fell asleep.