Chapter 5

The next few days were the same. But today I snapped.

A little girl grabbed his guitar, smashing it to bits.

"okay, enough!" I say.

"Would you like it if I came up and broke something of yours for no reason?!" I shouted. The girl shook her head.

"Don't go breaking other peoples things then!" I scolded. She teared up and ran to her parents and they glared at me.

"that's it! You know what I'm done with his thing!" The Onceler says, storming off. I followed behind him.

"My family was right I quit!" He says, throwing away the thneed.

"Hey it'll be ok. Maybe the thneed is just ahead of its time." He sighed and we came back.

" hey where's your thneed, did you sell it?"the Lorax asks.

"uh no I didn't sell it. Turns out it's just ahead of its time I guess" he said, winking at me.

The Onceler went inside and began making pan cakes. I ate more than I needed to.

I went outside sitting next to the river. I thought to myself. Over the week I've spent with him I've caught feelings. I know I'm rushing but I want to be official. I mean I have known him for most of my life.

Suddenly a giant mob came down the hill. The Onceler and all the animals came outside. They began to sing about the thneed. I guess that they changed their minds. I covered my ears as they loudly cheered and sang.