05: The Scare Factor

"GOD, I LOVED IT." Tatum jumps out of her spot on the bed and begins reenacting the whole event, complete with gestures and vocal impressions of Gale. "'They were good kids.' BAM! Bitch went down. 'They were good kids.' BAM! [Nickname]—SuperBitch!" Tatum laughed as she mimicked your punch.

           You roll your eyes in amusement, a smile playing on your lips. Sidney looks between you two and shakes her head but smiles anyway. "It does sound pretty badass," The brunette admits.

           "It was!" Tatum grins, giving an enthusiastic fist pump. "Pretty hot, too."

           Grabbing a stray pillow, you throw it at her. "Shut up."

           Tatum ducks and starts to laugh, catching the pillow before it hits her. "Ok, ok! I'll stop." She says with mock seriousness.

           Sidney rolls her eyes and shakes her head again. "You two are ridiculous."

           There's a knock on the doorway, and your eyes drift to the noise. Dewey sticks his head into the room, one hand still holding the door open. "I thought you might want some ice for that right hook." He half-smiles, holding a bag of frozen peas. You sit up, grab it from him, and place it against your sore knuckles. "I'll be right next door," He says to you, "Try to get some sleep."

           Before he goes, you call out to him. "Have you talked to my mom?"

           Dewey hesitates for a second, his hand raised to scratch the back of his neck. "Yeah, I did." He says. "She's glad you're alright. Said she'd check in with you tomorrow."

           "Thanks, Dewey—for the bag of peas and checkin' in." You smile gratefully.

           "If you need anything..." He looks around the room for effect,

           "Yeah, yeah, yeah..." Tatum waves him away with a flick of her wrist, and Dewey's polite smile falters.

           "Goodnight, Dewey." You smile again, trying to cut off Tatum's rudeness.