06: Paranoia

06: Paranoia

"YOUR ATTENTION, PLEASE

"YOUR ATTENTION, PLEASE. Due to the recent events that have occurred and until it comes to a resolve — effective immediately — all classes are suspended til further notice. The Woodsboro Police Dept. has also asked me to announce a city-wide curfew beginning at 6 o'clock PM. I repeat..."

           You slam the back of your head against the metal of your locker, head pulsing as Sidney rubs your arm soothingly. "It was just some sick fuck having a laugh." Tatum sends you a sympathetic smile.

           "Next time, I'm cutting off their dick." You groan, eyes closing as you try to block out the world. "Motherfucker deserves that shit."

           "[Nickname]..." Sidney half-smiles.

           "My mom said you can stay the night again," Tatum inputs, "No reason for you to be home alone."

           You almost agree — almost tell them you'd love to, but then your mind remembers Billy and the plans you've already made. "I should be okay." You say as the three of you begin going to the school entrance.

           Tatum doesn't look convinced. "The fucker tried to kill you last night, and now some assholes are trying to scare you."

           "Sounds like a normal day to me." You say with a mocking laugh. You're at a loss. You're not safe anywhere, and while Tatum may believe it was some dickhead in the bathroom, you know it wasn't.

           "Have you talked to Billy?" Sidney's sudden question have you looking at her incredulously. She bites her lip, avoiding direct eye contact. "He seemed to really want to talk to you earlier."

           Something inside you urges you to lie. "No, I've been avoiding him all day. What about you?" You ask. "Has he tried talking to you at all?"

           "Hardly." Her frown is deep, aching. "It's like he doesn't care." You don't know what to say. You want to comfort her, but how can you when you know she's probably right.