07: Spit it Out

07: Spit it Out

THE DAY OF THE PARTY starts in low spirits

THE DAY OF THE PARTY starts in low spirits. The dread and impending doom washes over your body like a cold, wet blanket. You feel nauseous and lightheaded all at once. You struggle with swallowing the truth. A truth you knew was coming, but it still felt like a punch in the stomach.

           You are going to die.

           This thought has been recurrent since Wednesday. The phone call with the killer not only left many questions unanswered but stressed that the end, as he called it, was near. And you know, as does anyone who's ever seen a scary movie, that when a killer says something as ominous as that, it means a bloodbath is coming.

           You let out a tired breath, thoughts still swirling as your eyes flicker across the empty Blockbuster. Randy leans against the counter beside you while going through a stack of movies. At first, you found it comical watching him debate on which to bring to Stu's, but eventually, your mind wandered into its darkest corners.

           "Okay, hear me out; a Scream Queen marathon, eh?" Randy wiggles his eyebrows and shows you his picks.

           You look at him unimpressed. "Just because she has some nice tits doesn't mean we can't have some variety, Randy."

           "You know that's not all there is to it, [Nickname]." He all but whines, grabbing at his Jamie Lee Curtis collection. "Okay, fine, why don't you pick out a few?"

           "Don't need to," You shrug, "All my picks are already at Stu's."

           Randy pauses and gives you a look. "Why are they at Stu Macher's house?"

           "Because he's my friend, and we hang out?" I give him a pointed look and sigh. "Sorry that I hang out with other guys, Randy."

           "Not just other guys," He says, "But Stu. The guy is so far up Billy Loomis' ass that I wouldn't be surprised if they're both the killers."