Chapter 20 Bay + Lorenzo

I woke up at 1:00am because I was having a nightmare and couldn't breathe. I started to have a panic attack and ran to Lorenzo's room. At this point I'm crying, shaking and can't breath while frantically knocking on Lorenzo's door. "Who the fuck is banging on my door". I started to cry harder and walk away when he opened his door. "Bay? I'm sorry I thought it was one of the boys, please come in". I walk into his room and he hugs me till I calm down. " Why were you having a panic attack? Did you have a nightmare?" I just nodded as he led me to his bed. "Was it about your dad?" When he mentions my dad I start to panic again. I just sit in his embrace while I cry and he tries to calm me down. " I promise you never have to deal with him again, he is gone forever. None of us will ever let you get hurt again. You are now our family and we are yours". I start to get tired and fall asleep in his embrace so he lays me beside him in his bed. "Goodnight Bay". "Goodnight dad". Oh my god did she just call me dad? Did she just talk? I can't explain how happy and proud I am that she just spoke and she said dad, she sees me as her dad. It's now 7:00am and Bay is still asleep so I decide to leave her be and head down to the kitchen with this biggest smile on my face while I remember what happened last night. As I walked into the kitchen my son Enzo asked me why I'm smiling so much. "Because Bay spoke last night". "What did she say?" "She called me dad." "Holy shit really." I nodded my head while smiling. "Where is she?" "She's in my bed right now, she had a nightmare last night and came to my room and fell asleep." "Is she okay now?" I said yes as Bay walked into the kitchen. "Hey piccino I didn't want to wake you up. How are you?" She gives me a thumbs up, I am a little disappointed she didn't say something like she did last night. I wonder if she even remembers, I will have to ask her later. Just then Enzo speaks up and asks if she wants to get ready to go to the mall if she still wants to go. "Yea are Elio, Luca and Alessio up?" "Not yet I'm about to wake them up now." "Okay, I'm going to go get ready." Once we get to the mall the boys start to drag me into all the stores grabbing everything in sight. " What are you guys doing?" "You need more clothes,"said Enzo. "No I don't, I have plenty." "You never have too many clothes," said Alessio. After 3 hours of shopping we finally made it to the food court and ate. We get home around 2:00pm and go our separate way until dinner. I go to my room and start to put my clothes away when my dad comes in, my dad I finally have a family that cares about me. "Hey sweetheart" I just wave, I want to talk but what if he thinks I'm annoying. "I just wanted to talk to you about last night." Oh no what if he is mad. I nod and sit on my bed. "I'm just going to get straight into it, did you mean it when you called me dad last night?" Of Course I meant it, what if he doesn't want to be my dad. "If you're worried about what I think about it, I love it. I am so happy and proud that you spoke and called me dad. I know that wasn't easy." "really?" We both smile at each other. "Of course Princess." Bay moves closer to Lorenzo and gives him a hug. "Thank you for saving me and not giving up on me dad." "I will always protect you and take care of you and I know the boys will too." "Do you think the boys would be mad if I called them my brothers?" " I think they would love that. Do you want to see if they want to have a movie marathon?" "Yes." "Okay I will call them all down to the movie room or do you want to call them all?" I don't think I'm ready for that yet but can you help me with talking again?" "Of course I would love to help you with that and little by little we can get you to be able to talk around everyone." "Thanks dad." "No Problem piccino" I say as I kiss her on the head and head down to get the boys so we can watch movies for the rest of the night.