Chapter 21 Bay

When I get down to the movie room my dad and brothers are already down there fighting over what movie to watch. When dad sees me he clears his throat to get the boy's attention. All the boy's look at dad then see me standing at the door as dad says why don't we let Bay pick? All the boys agreed and I picked Alice in wonderland. The boy's do not look impressed but whatever, dad seems interested. About 30 minutes into the movie Luca asks if we can order food and dad says yes and orders pizzas. As we are eating pizza dad leans over and asks me if I want to ask the boys if I can call them my brothers. I nodded and started getting nervous. Matteo asks what dad said and why I'm getting nervous. I curl up to dad and hide a bit as I say " I was wondering if I could call you my brothers?" They all just sit there looking shocked. I get scared that they haven't said anything and run to my room and lock the door. After the initial shock Giovanni spoke up and said "did she just talk" "yes and she asked us to be her brothers" said Alessandro" dad then stood up and said " you all also just sat there looking stupid and she ran away." Dad starts coming to my room with the boys following quickly behind. Dad tries to open my door but realizes it's locked. "Bay, please open the door." I cry as I slide a note under the door that says "no". "Please Bay the boys are with me and they want to see you." I still don't open the door and that's when Enzo knocks on the door and asks if they can come in. I unlock the door and go lay in my bed facing the wall as my dad and the boys walk in. "Bay?" Said dad as I'm laying in my bed crying. Elio spoke up and said "please stop crying." I just keep crying after about 10 minutes of them asking me to stop crying and look at them. I finally turn over and look at them and raise my voice as I say "why do you care? You clearly don't want me to be your sister. You guys just sat there staring at me like I was crazy. You know what, you don't have to worry about me anymore, I'll find somewhere else to live." The boys look panicked as I get up and start to leave when. Dad gets in front of me so I can't leave and tells me that no matter what, I am family now and family always sticks together. Rocco grabs my hand and turns me around. "Please Bay, just let us talk and explain" "Fine." I say as I go and sit on the chair in my room. Alessandro starts talking. "We would love for you to be our sister and for you to call us your brothers." "Then why did you just stare at me like I was crazy?" "We were just so shocked that you spoke," said Giovanni. "We are sorry that we made you feel like we didn't want you here. We all love you very much." "Really?" "YES!!!" They all exclaimed. I jumped up off my chair crying and gave them all a hug telling each of them that I love them. They all start to head back down stairs and ask if I'm coming but I say no and that I'm tired so I am going to go to bed and they accept that answer and continue going down stairs. It's then next morning and I go down to the kitchen and see my dad and brothers sitting at the table. "Good morning Bay Can you come sit down so we can talk" said dad. "Yes, am I in trouble?" "No, we just want to talk to you about something" "Okay?" I said as I sat next to my dad. "Do you like living with us?" "Of course you are my family now. Why?" "Well the boys and I were talking last night and were wondering if you would like for me to adopt you so you could legally be a part of the family?" "Really?" "Yes but it's okay if you don't want to be, legal or not you will always be part of the family." "I would love for you to adopt me dad." "Really?" "YES!!!" Dad picks me up and spins me around as all of the boys cheer. "I will start making phone calls today to get the process started," said dad as he put me back on the ground. As we all sat back down to eat, all I could think about was how happy I was to finally have a good family who actually loves me. Little did I know about the big secret they were hiding.