Chapter 22 Bay

Trigger warning!!!

"Hey dad?" "Yes princess?" "I was wondering if we could go shopping, I need some new clothes?" "Of course Bay. why don't you go get ready well I tell the boys?" "Okay." Bay said with a squeal as she ran to her room. 

As they all walked into the mall Lorenzo told Bay to alway be with him or her brothers and not to wander off. "Where do you want to go first?" Matteo said, looking at Bay. I shrug my shoulders, "I don't know, I never really been shopping". They all looked at me like I was crazy. "What?" I said. "You've never been shopping!?" said dad. "Not really." Rocco and Luca grabbed my hands and started pulling me towards all these stores. 

The first one we went to was this cute boutique. The others meet us in the store as Luca and Rocco start grabbing things off shelves and telling me to go to the dressing room. As I was trying on the clothes I started to feel self conscious about my weight and scars. The boys keep asking for me to come out and show them the clothes but I just can't bring myself to leave the dressing room. I start crying and start feeling overwhelmed. "Bay, what's the matter baby?" Dad said. "Everything shows my scars." "Sweetheart, your scars show how strong you are. No matter what you wear or what you look like you will always be beautiful. Please come out and show us this dress". dad said as he handed her an emerald green dress from over the dressing room. I put the dress on and look in the mirror. The dress is beautiful but you can see my scars. "Bay can we please see the dress on you?" said Luca. I slowly open the dressing room door with tears streaming down my face. 

I stepped out of the dressing room and dad told me how beautiful I was and all my brothers started complimenting me, which put a smile on my face. Giovanni gathered the other clothes from the dressing room and asked me if I liked these clothes too. "I like them but they show my scars." "It's okay if you don't want to get them but if you like the clothes then who cares if they show your scars. Do you want to get them?" Enzo said. I nod my head and ask if I can also get some comfy clothes as well. "Of course I know a great store for comfy clothes." Rocco said. I picked out a couple matching sweat suit sets, some leggings and some hoodies. J

ust as we finish up shopping Luca starts complaining that he's starving. "I'm starving, can we please get food?" Luca whined, dragging his feet. "No Luca we don't have time." "ugh." said Luca. As we kept walking Luca pulled me to the side and asked me to ask for food. "You heard what they said, we don't have time." "They would say yes to you." "how do you know?" "Because they could never say no to you. Please ask them Please! Please!" "Okay." I walk over to dad and ask if we can grab food. "Did Luca tell you to ask?" dad said with a raised eyebrow. I look over to Luca who is shaking his head no indicating not to tell dad it was him. "No, I'm just really hungry, please dad?" "Of course sweetheart." Luca pulled me to the side again. "I told you so!" exclaimed Luca. I rolled my eyes at him as we walked into the food court at the mall. 

We all sat down and ate our food as Alessandro excused himself. "I need to stop at a store quickly. I will meet you guys at the car." Dad nodded his head and said okay. We are all waiting in the car when Alessandro gets in and hands me a box telling me to open it. I gasp as I see the cutest shoes I have ever seen. "Do you like them?" I love them. Thank you so much, you didn't have to get me these." "Well I saw that your old shoes are on the fritz so I got you these. I hope you know we are all always going to spoil you." "You know you don't have to do that." "But we want to." Alessandro said as everyone agreed with him. I started tearing up and Matteo pulled me into a hug. 

When we got home dad told me to go put my things away and told the boys they have a "work" meeting. I wondered what he meant by that as I walked up the stairs. I went to the kitchen when I was done putting away my clothes to see if my dad and brothers wanted to watch a movie, but they weren't there. As I walked around the house looking for them I started to hear their voices. I go to knock on the door when I hear dad say "she can never know about the mafia!" Mafia? I think as I hear Giovanni say " What if something happens to one of us? What will you tell her?!!!" "I'll think of something, but I don't want to scare her." I take a step back in shock and run to my bedroom. I lock the door and start to look my new family up on my laptop. I found out Lorenzo is the leader of the Italian mafia and the boys work with him. I'm not sure what to do with this information, I have grown to love and trust them and call them family but now I'm not sure how I feel.