Axis vs Shadow Society Part 4 - Clash

Prime Earth

Present Day

Both groups of villains stood on a hair's trigger, ready to do battle with each other. All their weapons were armed, fists were clenched, and glares were stabbing the others with full potency.

"Let's take a step back, everyone," Superman tried to mediate, only to get a scoff from Maxie Zeus.

"Not happening, creature," the god-man pompously declared. "We will fight to win this infernal struggle, and then we will be the gods that rule this world. Nothing will stop us anymore."

As the conflict escalated, Peter stealthily turned on one of his new inventions that he'd made with help from Alex and Allison. It was a neural wave interceptor, a device that was capable of detecting the neural signals that came from telepathy, intercepting and transmitting it to Peter's helmet as sound. It detected an ongoing conversation.

"-ave you located Raven?" he heard through his earpiece. The voice was one he recognized. After all, he'd clashed with the Shadow King many times, and he was more than familiar with the villainous telepath.

"I have," came Allison's voice from the other end. "She's hidden well, inside Infinity Island. Ra's al Ghul is holding her right now."

"Richard Dragon," the billionaire growled. "I will have the Master of Metals head there immediately. Join him, discretely. Let the others occupy the Justice League and the Axis."

"And The Spider?" she asked lowly.

"Leave him!" the man growled.

Wild Wolf roared, before launching himself at Commando, who hastily blocked the metallic claws with his shield. The shield deflected a beam of energy from Lazer, which struck Wild Wolf in the stomach, sending him flying. That was enough for both groups to start fighting.

Shards of metal from the destroyed tower on the other side of the portal poured out and hurled at frightening velocities towards the Axis, but Kim Landry of the Fatal Four pushed out her hands, and a forcefield stopped the pieces cold. In response, her brother Sam lit himself on fire, and sent a blast of energy towards their enemies which was quickly neutralized by the arrival of another portal, from which a few more Shadowmen came out. A wave of ice stopped the fire in it's tracks, but the resulting explosion sent most people around to the ground. Superman attempted to rush forward to push them away, but Damage caught him in mid air and slammed him into the moon's surface hard. He punched him straight in the face, burying his head further into the moon, and cracks spread from where the Last Son of Krypton lay. 

Superman tried to fly away, but Damage quickly caught his cape, before stomping him back into the ground. Maxie Zeus leveled a bolt of lightning straight at Superman's back, making the hero spasm. Before he could strike him again, though, Troia quickly engaged him in combat with her sword and shield, while Maxie Zeus used his massive javelin with little effort.

Indestructo hurled himself at Wild Wolfette, who found that her claws had no effect on piercing the magically enhanced skin of the metahuman. Still, she was an accomplished combatant, and was able to hold her own against the dark skinned man. Green Arrow tried to intervene, but was quickly outmatched by both of them, prompting Black Canary to join him to help balance the scales. They were quickly joined by both Wild Leopard and Praying Mantis, evening the odds for the six way fight.

Hell's Bane and Professor Perplexity quickly devolved into a magical battle, enough to shake the surface of the moon and the street on either side of the portal. Magical bolts of energy erupted from their hands towards the other, neither having a clear advantage over the other. Boltia and Maxie Zeus wrestled in mid air, the very empty atmosphere of the moon crackling with electricity around them. Shazam tried to intervene, but was quickly tossed away by a swat from Maxie Zeus's javelin.