Sinister War Part 2 - Foreboding

Earth 616

Present Day

"Status update," Captain America barked, swiping a weary hand over his forehead to wipe off the sweat.

"Things aren't going great," Tony summarized. His face was twisted into a grimace, his armor disengaged. It was sitting in the workshop, glitching because of the damage taken during the fight with Rhino. Alexei Sytsevich's new armor was specially designed by Doc Ock from the plans of Tony's Hulkbuster and Thorbuster armors. It had taken Tony, Hulk, She Hulk, and Wolverine to even fight the Russian to a standstill, and that too while he was having the time of his life. Thor had to intervene to stop the notorious thief from beating the four famous Avengers.

They had made a temporary base in the Baxter Building, and were slowly making their way into the rest of the city to increase their territory

They had made a temporary base in the Baxter Building, and were slowly making their way into the rest of the city to increase their territory. Octavius had moved most of his operations to Avengers Tower, which was one of the most well defended locations in the city. Even Reed and Tony were unable to crack the encryption key to get into the tower after Otto reworked the security systems. More importantly, he'd taken the RAFT as his own, still using the moniker 'Spider-Island'. They knew that it was where Octavius was working out of right now, but had no way to get there due to the energy shield over the place. Thor had tried to level the shield with his largest bolt of lightning, along with Captain Marvel and Iron Man, but not only did the shield hold, thousands of drones came out of the place to attack the heroes, who barely escaped with their lives. That was without counting the fight they'd had to endure against Hydra, who'd also set up shop in Manhattan. Viper had launched several deadly attacks on the Avengers, who were just now beginning to move into the upper part of the island.

They had gotten intel that Octavius was preparing for his campaign to take Queens, and with the numbers he was boasting, not even Ben Reilly could stop him. The Black Widow had infiltrated Doctor Octopus's men, and barely got out with her life after her cover was compromised, but they got the intel they needed.

Tony swiped a hand lazily to display a map of the world. It zeroed in on Latveria.

"Doom has been placated, somewhat," Tony started. "Johnny, Ben, and the Inhumans are helping him fight Carnage. They've made some progress in stalling the attacks, but they've not found his location, or even a clue about it. Last time I talked to Crystal, she told me that a large number of people have been infected with the Carnage symbiote. There's been a spree of crimes and mass murders there, and they're not sure how to handle it."

Steve glared at the image of the red symbiote who'd caused so many problems for them.

Tony swiped the screen, showing Wakanda. "Calypso has been making some noise. The X-Men have gone to help T'Challa over there because of reports that Kraven has been sighted there. The X-Force isn't gonna recover anytime soon, but they've called in some backup from Krakoa. According to King Kitty, Wakanda isn't very happy with it, what with Namor's actions during the Phoenix event still being fresh in memory. But Panther's maintaining a tenuous peace, citing that they need help to face Calypso."