Reunited Part 1

Earth Prime

Present Day

"W-wait!" Anya tried to cry out, but she was too late, as the couple raced towards her, intent on taking her down.

Bruce wasn't the world's greatest detective for nothing, and had already deduced many facts about his new guest. She was a Spider-powered metahuman, much like his son Peter. He could see that from the symbol on her suit, and also in the webbing that she'd shot at them. She was young, too, and probably less experienced than Peter, which was good for him, because someone with Peter's powers and experience wasn't something he was keen on fighting.

Anya hastily backflipped away from Selina's leg, her ponytail flying in the air as she moved. Selina kicked out at her more times, giving time for Bruce to make his way over. Bruce approached the girl from the side. He lashed out with a flurry of blows, that prevented Anya from doing much more than blocking. While Anya was categorically stronger and faster than Bruce, Bruce's skill and experience made up the difference, making her desperately backtrack to hold on against him.

Selina took the chance to move to the side of the room and recover a whip she'd stashed behind one of the paintings, and lashed out towards the newcomer. Anya's senses detected it, but as she dodged the blow, a crackling punch from Bruce rattled her. Using the distraction, Selina used the whip again, this time seizing Anya's arm, giving Bruce room to sweep her legs out from under her. 

From the floor, Anya pulled the whip towards herself, sending Selina flying towards her, before webbing her towards the other wall. However, just as she was about to web Bruce too, he grabbed her arms and flipped her over himself, sending her right back to the floor and knocking the air out of her. Before he could take her down, she used him as a springboard, and flipped back on her feet, pushing him away into the wall. 

This time, when she was about to web him up, her Spider-Sense went crazy, and she flipped over to avoid a spinning projectile that struck the ground next to her. Her Spider-Sense warned her again as she landed, but she was too late to fully dodge the explosion from the object, and she was sent flying into the wall. A tall, lean man rushed at her, and it was all she could do at the last minute to get out of his way.

"I - don't - want - to - fight - you!" she breathed between flurries of fists and hands.

However, the others didn't seem to be in a listening mood. Just as she was starting to get used to fighting the lean man, the muscular older man from before jumped back into the fray, making it much harder for Anya to fight off the two. While Anya had good control over her abilities, she was definitely not as skilled as these two. The odds became worse after the woman joined in as well, making her have to defend herself from three sides.

They seemed to be able to tell when she was about to launch her strength, and dodged perfectly just before she could. For every blow she blocked, she got hit with two more. Eventually, the woman flipped Anya over her shoulder and sent her flying into the entrance hall. Anya hastily got up from her place on the floor, ignoring her aching body, and prepared herself for the next assault, when a loud voice rang out from the top of the grand staircase.

"What is going on here?" the sharp question stopped the fighting in its tracks. Anya looked up to see two people and a child standing on top of the stairs, looking over them all with a stern glare. The man was very similar in appearance to the muscular man Anya was just fighting, as well as the lean woman with the whip, making Anya believe that the three were related. He was very handsome, with groomed black hair, swirling gold eyes that almost hypnotized her, and a well developed, shredded body that was visible even under the black shirt and jeans he was wearing. The rolled up sleeves were fastened in place with red and black cufflinks. He held the girl in his arms, and his eyes had an intensity that pinned her in place.