9

Chapter 9 – She Never Existed

However, it only lasted for one second.

Beacher saw Janet turn around. And the next second, his face immediately turned cold, as if he didn’t care.

But obviously, he wasn’t good at pretending.

Even though he seemed cold, Janet saw him glancing at her from time to time.

She held back the amusedness and sourness in her heart, stepped forward, and tugged at the corner of his clothes like she did when she was a child. “Beacher, I’m back.”

Her words instantly made his heart melt.

Beacher snorted, but he couldn’t hold back his smile. The dimple at the corner of his mouth made him look like a teenager. “I thought you wouldn’t come back again.”

Then, he started nagging before Janet could speak.

“You are really cruel. What are you wearing? The latest dress I bought for you will be delivered right away. You can go and have a look in a while. I remember you used to like shiny things, so I have already asked the jewelry store to send you some samples. If you like them, they’ll design some patterns for you…”

The man who was usually irritable and arrogant in front of his fans was now very patient with this girlish stuff.

Janet’s eyes were moist, and her voice became a little h**rse. “Thank you, Beacher.”

Although all her cousins were her uncle’s sons, all of them treated her

very well.

In order to marry that man, she had a horrible quarrel with her cousins. But after she returned, she was greeted with endless love and distress.

But the person she had devoted herself to in the past three years only gave her scars and tingling pains.

She spent three years of lonely and indifferent days pretending not to care, but when she returned home, she realized that she was also aggrieved.

Janet suppressed the countless emotions in her heart and said softly, “Beacher, I divorced Nathaniel.”

Beacher was taken aback for a moment and then asked angrily, “Did he bully you? Tell me if you have any grievances, and I will definitely teach him a lesson!”

That brat! When they were married, Janet concealed her identity and gave up her best chance to inherit the Longfellow Group. She even refused to study abroad. How could he treat her like that?

This was the little princess that he had always protected. How dare he hurt her?

Janet knew what Beacher was thinking when she saw his expression.

She cleared her throat as if she had regained her pampered attitude. “I’m not so easily bullied. I just got tired of watching him, and I want a new one. New is always better. Beacher don’t mention this person in front of me again. I’m going to embrace my new life.”

Beacher paused, then patted Janet on the head and said happily, “Don’t worry. I know many decent men, and I’ll pick a dozen for you to choose from!”

However, Janet didn’t see the coldness in his eyes.

Nathaniel had hurt his little cousin so severely that she even felt sad when he mentioned it.

He would never let Nathaniel go!

The sky outside the window was clear, but the atmosphere in the office located on the top floor of another skyscraper was cold