chapter 51

At this time, Janet, who had returned to the room, was sitting in front of the dressing table, staring at the photo on the table

in a daze.

The photo was placed in the most conspicuous place on the table. It was neat, and because of frequent touching and wiping,

there was no dust on it.

“Dad…”

Janet sighed with pain in her eyes.

There was a happy family in the photo. It was taken when her father gifted her a small zoo on her seventh birthday.

She was young, and her father held her in his arms while her mother snuggled up to them. The family of three all wore bright

smiles.

There was also a small deer next to it. That small deer was sent to the Smedley family’s garden ten years ago, and it should be

much taller than a human by now.

Putting the photo into her arms, Janet seemed determined. “Dad, don’t worry. I will definitely take back your favorite set of

bowls!”

“No matter how much it costs, I will take it back!”

She slept restlessly at night, and when she woke up the next day, Janet was in low spirits.

Looking at herself in the mirror, she called a make–up artist.

She was already gorgeous. With just a bit of makeup, she would look stunning.

But at this time, she didn’t want to show anything inappropriate in front of Nathaniel, so she asked a professional to help her. As a result, she became even more stunning and attracted countless attention on her way to the Webster Group.

“Are you Ms. Longfellow of the Longfellow Group?”

Stepping into the lobby on the first floor of the Webster Group, a well–dressed woman in her thirties walked up to Janet with a gentle expression. Her eyes flashed with amazement, and she praised, “You are so beautiful!”

Nathaniel occasionally handled business matters at home, so Janet recognized the woman in front of him as Nathaniel’s

secretary.

But the secretary didn’t know that she was Nathaniel’s wife.

How ridiculous?

As Nathaniel’s secretary for many years, she had never met her boss’s wife. It could be seen that Nathaniel had never

mentioned her on any occasion.

“Thank you. I am Ms. Longfellow.” Janet nodded lightly.

Janet embarrassed Nathaniel so much when he visited the Longfellow Group, so she felt that Nathaniel would not let her see him easily today.

However, to Janet’s surprise, Nathaniel did not arrange for a secretary to embarrass her. On the contrary, Leila was very polite to her.

Even if she was leading the way, Leila had always been very careful. She always leaned sideways, about a step away from Janet.

“Mr. Webster knew that you had never been to the Webster Group and was worried you would get lost, so he asked me to show you the way.”

Why did everything go on so smoothly?

Janet’s eyes narrowed slightly. She always felt that something was wrong.

Leila smiled. “Mr. Webster told me he didn’t enjoy his stay at the Longfellow Group. Therefore, he wants you to feel at home when you come here.”