Chapter One

(A/N: New book! Enjoy!) 

(Your Pov)

Sometimes you wondered what would have happened if you stayed. If you never took the risk and escaped the hell of Hydra. You would have stayed in their clutches until there was nothing left of you to experiment on. You would have never known what you were missing in your life. But maybe things would have gotten better somehow.

Because this? The life you have been damned to now? The late night services and endless invasions of privacy? You were relieved you were away from Hydra, yes. Nothing could be worse than that. But being a coven's slave was not what you had in mind.

You didn't know what a vampire was until they cornered you, seeking the scent of the human with "all that power", as they had said. You never could figure out what Hydra had done to make you this way, but as a result of their experiments, the vampires became addicted to your blood. According to them, it wasn't even comparable to a normal human's. The sweetest nectar, the strongest scent, a power laced within it that drove them mad.

But while Hydra didn't care about your physical health, to the vampires, the better your body, the better meal for them. The amount of strength they could draw from you depended on how much strength you had. So when comparing hiding in the coven and risking death with Hydra, the answer was obvious. The vampires made sure you would live, rather than have to fight just to breathe.

"Such a good girl." The latest of your visitors whispered, sealing the wound he made. It was why you could never interrupt a feeding. If you stopped before your 'partner' could close off the marks they left, you would turn into one of these blood sucking monsters. And turning? You've only briefly seen the horrors of such an event. "Smile, Y/N. I know you enjoyed it."

He licked the blood from his lips, stepping away. You remained as still as possible on your cot, the habits of Hydra serving you well here. The coven didn't have nearly as many rules, but your submissiveness kept you safe. If you did what they wanted, there would be no excuse to hurt you.

That didn't mean you enjoyed it. You've heard stories of a vampire's bite being able to bring pleasure, but you've never felt it. Your mind always remains focused on surviving through the experiences, rather than enjoying them. If you felt anything, it was the pain of the bite afterwards.

He left the room, and you allowed yourself to relax for a moment. Alone was safe. Quiet, peaceful, without the threat of anyone to hurt you. One of the vampires dropped by with your meal later that morning, taking her own meal as she did so. Before leaving you alone for the day. For vampires sleep through most of the daylight hours, a time you've learned to rest during as well.

Until noon came, anyway. A large crash shaking the walls of their hideout.

*

(Loki's Pov)

"Listen up! We only have one chance at this." The captain preached, addressing the awaiting Avengers on the Quinjet. "Shield has accounted for 14 individuals, but there may be more in the deeper levels of the building. Do not engage in close combat. Stark, do you have the floodlights?"

Tony nodded, gesturing to the stack of lights in the corner. Rogers continued down the list of supplies, before moving on to the different roles each of them will play. It was common knowledge that the humans stood a chance to catch the illness inside, and were reserved as long distance artillery. As for those with armor, like Stark, or the Asgardians, they were given free range. Of course to be careful, but who knows what would happen if they battled these blood suckers.

Loki, of course, was given little thought in their plans. The world's mightiest heroes... The Avengers were anything but. Odin ordered the Jotun to work alongside them as a form of penance, going as far as to send Thor with him to ensure these decrees. Loki hated being stuck on such a mortal realm, but found few excuses to talk his way out of this punishment. However, these events happened months ago. And now Earth has decided to put the magician to use.

"There are reports of civillians inside as well, so be careful. Try to have those held against their will come willingly." Despite the Captain's words, Loki still felt uneasy. Something was going to go wrong here. "And finally, don't get bit."

This drew small laughs from the team, as they prepared for the invasion. Vampires. Who knew? They've been behind recent killings around the city, victims being sucked dry. Civilians, of course, but recently there have been some high profile murders. Which led Shield to believe that these vampires were not only blood sucking monsters, but killers for hire. A possible Hydra faction.

Possibly.

"Get ready." Natasha relayed from the pilot's seat, Barton by her side. He was given wooden arrows as an attempt to really damage these creatures. All the Avengers were in some way, Loki even given permission to practice summoning fire and wooden stakes before. Usually such magics were forbidden unless on a mission. "Now!"

The doors opened, the Avengers dropping to the ground as fast as they could. Stark and Thor hit the building from above, caving in the ceiling to disadvantage the vampires. It was just after noon, the idea that the heroes could catch these murderers by surprise.

They should be weak, unformed, and caught blindsided by this ambush. With little means or energy to calculate a planned defense. The sun would drain them of their powers.

Or so the Avengers thought.