Chapter Four

(Your Pov)

Loki laid resting on a cot in the Quinjet, as you stopped a moment to think about what happened. You were rescued. The coven is destroyed. The King is dead. You're free.

Well, mostly free. You decided that Loki was your responsibility until he settled into his vampiric powers. You knew the most and could accommodate anything he would need before it became a need of his. Since free you refused any notion to allow another feeding. You wouldn't. Hell, if a vampire drank your blood right now you would most likely pass out.

With nothing to do but monitor Loki's condition, and a long hour before you arrived back to their 'tower', you decided to answer what questions the team had. Explaining how you knew so much about vampires, what exactly happened with Loki, and what was in store for his recovery. If you could even call it that. At first it should feel like a terrible illness, until the more vampiric traits start kicking in. You never figured out how it felt, but you never knew a vampire that didn't scream during their turning. Summing up this as "extreme pain", for the team's imaginations to depict.

You also filled them in about yourself. Running away from Hydra, being found by the coven, serving them as a foodsource. You didn't dare reveal the real reason you were kept, afraid they may do the same for Loki's sake. It's true your blood would probably be best for him to regain strength after all this passes, but what if he didn't stop? New vampires were known to have little control. He wouldn't know, and you could be turned. Or you could be sucked dry until your death. Even if he somehow managed to do everything right, somehow, you didn't want him addicted to you. No taste meant no hunger for the unknown.

In exchange for the information you provided, the Avengers caught you up to date about themselves and the world. How an attack on New York was issued by an alien madman, and Loki was sent to do his bidding. A small punishment for his actions, to serve alongside the Avengers. As they tried to right wrongs across the world. Tony invited you to live in the tower for the time being, to which you graciously accepted. For now. Until you could find your bearings in the world.

Steve helped a lot, explaining complex subjects simply to you. Natasha and Clint as well- in fact, the entire team made their best effort to make you feel included. Even Thor, who's suspicions had melted away by now. They all promised you needn't be afraid anymore.

It was a safe feeling. If only a sliver of it. Something you haven't felt in a long, long time.

*

(Loki's Pov)

SQUEEEEEE.

The rumble tore Loki from his dreams, dropping him in in agony. The shaking of the jet nearly tossed the prince from whatever god awful excuse of a bed he laid in. But he couldn't care about the movements, the noise driving a chisel into his brain. Splitting his reason from the rest of the world.

Loki threw his hands up to cover his ears, silencing a whimper that threatened to sound. Squeezing his eyes shut as if such a thing would help in this scenario. With sunlight streaming in through the windows, open eyes only added to this pain.

Until something thick and rubbery slipped over his head, hands pulled down so as to not get in the way. Loki found no strength to resist. But instead of hearing the chaos of the landing as it should be, it was now just a distant thunder from far away. When he dared open his eyes, Loki found the Avengers staring at quite the persistent Y/N as she threw wild gestures toward Barton. Convincing him of something, inevitably the birdbrain giving in.

She took her trophy item, walked to his cot, and handed Loki a pair of sunglasses. "Thank you." He spoke softly, slipping on the tinted frames to find relief. They worked, too. Better than what Loki thought Midgardians could design such a thing.

Y/N nodded, sparing him a small smile. For now the headache had faded, an overwhelming exhaustion replacing it to weigh down on his body. It felt as if Thor had left Mjolnir on his chest for too long.

The jet finished its landing, and Loki dared to take off the headphones. Courtesy of Y/N once again, as he later learned.

He had been feeling better. For exactly two minutes, until he tried to stand to walk. The blood dropped so quickly from his head his vision became enveloped in darkness, despite how he knew his eyes were open. His limbs became weak, and Loki lost consciousness.

*

(Your Pov)

"Alright, we'll set Loki in his room, and Y/N can have the one next to him." Tony explained the plan, going over the finer details. "Make a list of anything you need, kid. I'll get it to you within the hour."

"Mr. Stark, I really appreciate the thought, but I don't think I'm going to stay very long." You muster up the courage to speak out, trying to find excuses. You didn't want to live across the hall from a Vampire. You've done that too many times already. "Besides, Loki's doing better than I thought-"

Thump.

The Avengers turned toward the source of the noise, finding Loki sprawled out next to his make-shift cot. "Shit!" You ran to his side, brushing your hand over his forehead. "He's burning up."

"Let's get him inside. Thor, Steve, help get him up." Natasha ordered the boys, taking charge of the situation. She must've noticed how you shook from nerves, never actually having taken care of someone through their transformation. You heard stories and knew tricks to help, but you were never there first hand.

The warriors lifted Loki between them, balancing him somewhat right side up to his room.

"Alright, Tony. Here's my list..."