24: 9 months before...

A/N: A triple update? Whaaaaat? I love u guys, your comments make my night. I literally get giddy anticipating them. Mwah. xoxo. Love that you love Calriel as much as me. 

"I can't do it," she shook her head as she looked at the heavy ornate door to the House of Wind. Today was the day Callie was finally going to meet Azriel's family, and she felt like she was going to be sick. She didn't like the unknown, and here she knew nothing.

"They'll love you," Azriel smiled softly, massaging her shoulders from where he stood behind her. She felt his fingers kneading her tense muscles and focused on the sensation, taking a deep breath. He chuckled, moving to open the door, holding it ajar for her to pass through first.

She did, with no small amount of hestitance. The home was beautiful and cozy. It looked lived in- not in a weathered way, but rather in the way that it looked like love lived here. Callie chewed her bottom lip as Azriel quietly latched the door behind them, sealing her in her new life.

"Cassian, is that my fucking shirt?" Callie heard a forceful female voice shriek accusingly. She flicked her eyes to Azriel who seemed entirely unphased. Oh gods, she was in for it.

"Nes, it makes my arms look big," a male voice whined. "C'mon you're telling me this doesn't do it for you?" Rounding the corner into the living room, Callie saw a huge Illyrian flexing his biceps at the small female in front of him. He wore a cropped t-shirt that hugged his muscles in a way that Callie had to admit, was hot. It wasn't until he turned that she saw the tiny bit of stretched writing across his pectoral muscles that said in a sassy font, "bye bitch." Callie snorted, clapping a hand over her mouth quietly.

"I-" she began, scowling. "I didn't say that." Cassian beamed at her.

"Fuck, yeah, baby," Cassian cheered, scooping her up in his arms and kissing at her face until she started laughing. Across the room, an elegant male balanced his arm across the shoulders of his very pregnant wife. She rubbed her belly affectionately, watching Nesta and Cassian with an overflow of love written all over her face.

"Hiiiii," Feyre beamed from the couch, her cheeks rosy and her smile pleasant. She was absolutely glowing. "Come in, please. Sit with us! We've been so excited to meet you." She patted the couch next to her and Callie gave her a small smile, sitting next to her, trying not to jostle her.

Az perched on the chair of the couch next to her. In the arm chair by the fire place was a shimmery blonde in red that reminded Callie so much of Vera that she almost started crying again. He'd told her he had a friend like Vera when they'd met, and he hadn't lied. It was a small comfort that something felt even vaguely familiar here. She twisted her new ring that sat on her dainty fingers.

"Um, hi," Callie said with a small smile and an awkward wave. "I'm Callie."

"Hi, Callie," Cassian droned back like they were in a group meeting for alcohol dependency or some shit. Now sarcasm? Callie could get down with that. That was something she was incredibly well-versed in. Everyone introduced themselves.

Cassian captured Azriel in a headlock. Az growled and tried to shove him off, but it was no use. Cassian was like a bear. Luckily, it seemed he was of the teddy kind.

"So you're who this bastard has been sneaking out to see every week like a preteen," Cass taunted, finally releasing Az's neck. "Welcome to the family, kid." He reached over and mussed her hair lightly, which made her scrunch her nose and laugh.

"You should have seen him crawling through my window," Callie teased. "Threw rocks and everything. It was precious." Cassian guffawed, rubbing his hand across his exposed stomach absentmindedly. He pointed at Callie, looking at Azriel.