Part 11

Kayla

My master calls me into a room with the biggest sauna I've ever seen in my life. The room is beautiful. Lush, green stalks jut out of the water and trees line the sides of the pool. Broad, heart-shaped leaves and purple flowers float on the surface of the water. Scents of something sweet—maybe it is from the flowers—hang in the air. Fog billows from the water.

Water was in short supply aboard the Phoenix Borealis and even if we had lots of water, we never would have had the space for such luxuries. So yes, I want to jump right into this sauna, except...

Tarak stands next to the sauna, leering at me. So no, I will not do this. If only he'd leave this room, then I would strip and plunge into the water.

He had not gotten upset when I moved his lips, and he had not forced me to eat that rodent-looking thing he'd been trying to feed me, so I can only hope he will go along with this.

I push my owner, hoping to nudge him toward the door, except he's like a boulder, large and immobile. "Go."

He points to the water. "Kata."

"Nope, not with you in the room. Sorry," I say, giving him another push and without any warning, he scoops me into his arms and walks out of the sauna and into the main room. I squirm, trying to get out of his grip. "I'm not a princess. I can walk."

Tarak is oblivious to my pleas, holding me tight in his arms and he carries me to the wall in the main room, stopping in front of a stick figure of a human and... Dear Lord, is that a human being dunked in a bucket?

Tarak taps the image. "Hooman."

"Yes, I know that's a human," I say, re-emphasizing the pronunciation and twisting to get out of his grip.

He keeps a firm hold of me, taps again on the figure of the human and the bucket, and grunts.

What is he trying to tell me? My best guess is that this has something to do with a bucket, maybe the pool, and me.

"Are you trying to tell me to wash?"

Big gray eyes gaze back at me. I could get lost in them.

"I do want a bath, but I would just like to take it alone?"

Back to the sauna we go. He places me back on my feet and the metal door closes behind us.

Once again, he grunts and points at the water. "Kata hooman."

"So, we are doing the repeating thing, again," I say, crossing my arms. "Fine. If you'd just go, I'll take a bath."

Tarak takes a few steps away from me, his back to me. He strips, first removing his large metal-tipped boots, the metal chain from his waist, and then his pants, which he unceremoniously drops onto the floor. He is now completely naked. I gaze appreciatively at his backside, my eyes slowly moving downward. The muscles on his back ripple and are well-defined. His buttocks are firm and his legs are as muscular as the rest of him. Basically, he's gorgeous, powerful, and built.

There is no warning when he suddenly runs toward the pool and belly flops into the water. Water sprays everywhere, warm droplets landing on my arms and face. A bath would feel great right now, but I would rather do this alone without any onlookers.

Besides, it occurs to me that if he is in the sauna, maybe I can get more time on the computer. He can't be in two places at once. I go back to the metal door and wait. What's wrong with the door? Only moments ago, it had opened when Tarak stood next to it and now... it stays shut. Maybe it's weight or motion activated? I jump up and down and bang on the door, but the door stays closed.