Part 43

Kayla

Rigel escorts me from the hospital to Tarak's apartment, releasing my leash when the door opens. The room is relatively dark, with only one wall illuminated.

I hesitate at the entrance. "Do you think Tarak is all right?"

Rigel ducks into the apartment with me, glancing at the wall. "Oh, he's definitely waiting for you."

I read the first few pixelated words from the wall unit aloud, "Contract discussion points..."

Rigel steps out of the apartment.

What is he doing? I need someone to stay with me.

"Rigel, wait–"

"You will be fine. Now go find Tarak," he says, winking at me from the hallway.

The door slams shut.

I clap, illuminating the other walls. Now that I can see the floor clearly, I spot a trail of berries leading to the pool room.

I huff. Should I be offended? Well, I do like berries, so I grab the first one, then the next one, and eat my way to the pool room.

Candles flicker around the pool edges, illuminating Tarak from where he waits in the water between the lily pads. I shed my clothes and swim toward him.

He wraps himself around me, doing all the things I like, lathering my skin and hair with soaps and scents. Then we just float in the deeper water with me resting on his chest.

When my fingertips look like prunes because we've been in the water for so long, Tarak carries me out of the water. He is polite, asking for permission to help me dry. He looks so earnest, I let him dress me in my pajamas.

It's funny how I've gone from being fiercely independent to letting Tarak do these trivial things for me, just because it seems to make my alien content. It makes me happy, too, with the way he looks at me like I am the center of his universe.

Tarak places his hand over my eyes, and he guides me into the next room. Only after he has pulled me into his lap at his desk chair does he remove his hand, unveiling the contract on the wall.

At first, we discuss things we don't want. Tarak dutifully puts every boundary or limit either of us states into our contract, even though it takes a long time for him to peck away at the keyboard.

When we get to the next part of the contract, discussing the things we want to do together, I feel feverish.

"How do you feel about being bound, Kayla," he asks.

"Yes, please," I say, ringing my bell and tapping his chest. "I love when you tie me up."

Tarak dutifully puts an X on the checklist, indicating that we both want to do this activity together.

It is at this moment, with me seated in Tarak's lap that I can feel his tentacles (atums) fidget at my backside through the light cloth of my pajamas.

"Wait! I really like it when those tentacle things of yours participate in tying me up." I say before Tarak moves to the next item on the checklist, and for emphasis, I wiggle, pressing my behind against Tarak's atums.

His tentacles squirm and poor Tarak moans.

Further down the list and I see the word penetration, I eagerly tell him I need this to be a shared activity. "With your member," I add.

He takes my hands. "I do too, but you must promise to use your words to tell me to stop if you ever need it. I do not want to hurt you."

"I will, although I think that this contract should help with everything spelled out. Plus... there are special words we can use like green, yellow, and red, just like traffic lights," I say, a bit feverish in my babbling now.