Ch. 20: The Next Step

At the Noceda household, Amity and Camila arrived in the car. They had to rush back to the school to pick it up and get it back after the Belos attack.

"Remember, grab anything that could be useful." Camila said to Amity.

"Right." Amity said with a nod.

The first thing Amity grabbed was Luz's backpack, making sure to place the palisman egg in it. Camila on the other hand, grabbed a bat... and a gun.

A M1911 to be exact

A M1911 to be exact. Quick and reliable with a maximum reload capacity of 7-8 bullets.

'I haven't needed this in a long time.' Camila thought, checking the amount of bullets inside.

She bought it once after she was almost mugged a couple years before Luz was born. She hasn't needed it, but it's better to have it and not need it than need it but not have it. She was responsible though, making sure that Luz didn't know about where it was, what it was, and making sure she didn't even know it existed. She kept it in a lock box and the key was inside a safe on the top of her closet. She wasn't letting Luz so much as touch it until she has been trained, though now that didn't seem like it would happen since Luz is basically a god now.

Still, Camila hoped she wouldn't need it and the bat would be enough as she pulled out a gun holster and three sleeves of extra bullets.

She had no idea what to expect, no one did.

"Camila, are you ready to go?" Amity asked, walking up to her door.

"Sí. I'm ready." Camila said, putting the holster under her left arm and putting the extra bullet sleeves in her back pocket.

"Got everything?" Camila asked.

"I'm pretty sure I did." Amity said as Camila walked up to her. "Now, hopefully we can stop Belos from whatever he is planning."

"Agreed." Camila said, adjusting her holster as she hid it under her dress shirt.

'After what he did to my daughter, I might be willing to use this gun in him and him alone.' Camila thought.

They walked back to the cave, where everyone seemed to be back to full health. Luz especially as they all sat in a circle and talked to Masha about everything.

All of which made them...VERY confused.

A world where every supernatural mystery came from? Giraffes were from the demon realm? And a god child has done who knows what to said world?

"That...sounds like a massive drug trip on some VERY bad drugs." Masha said, holding their head.

"Trust me, you're not tripping." Luz said.

"And... and you're a... God?" Masha asked, pointing to Luz.

"Kind of. Titans had incredible power, enough so that when dead, their magic brought witches and demons to life." Luz said, rubbing her chin. "So they do treat the Titan corpse they live on as their almighty god, I guess."