Ch. 35: A Happy Ending?

Luz felt someone poking her with a stick, and opened her eyes.

"Boscha, stop that!" Amelia said.

"I'm just checking to see if she's alive!" Boscha said.

"You don't need a stick for it, Boscha! She's not diseased!" Ameli said, scolding her girlfriend.

"She could be, look at her, she has bones for fingers!" Boscha said.

"She's a Titan, what do you expect!?" Amelia asked, getting near Luz, "Luz? Are you alive?"

Luz groaned and took off her hat.

'Wait... I wasn't wearing a hat.' Luz thought, sitting up.

"What... what's going on?" Luz asked, very tired.

"We'll explain it back at Hexside, let's go." Amelia said.

Her and Boscha helped her up and got her on Boscha's staff. They flew to Hexside and had the students bring her into the gym, and onto a place to rest.

"Here, you can sit in my former throne." Boscha said, giving Luz her seat.

"Not where I would put her but fine." Amelia said with a shrug. "Anyway, you need anything, Luz?"

"I'm fine but maybe some water and a mirror?" Luz asked as she glanced at her hands, now seeing fur and bone fingers.

"Got it." Amelia said, before rushing away.

Luz looked over her fingers some more, wiggling them as she felt Boscha staring at her.

"Boscha, can you not?" Luz asked.

"Sorry, it's just... you look so different." Boscha said, all three eyes focused on Luz.

Amelia returned a few minutes later with water, which Luz drank in a second, along with a mirror. Luz looked at herself in it and gasped in shock. She had a cloak made of a furry black covering with rings of bone on the outside and purple on the inside, with a glowing glyph combination on her chest. She got a hat that was black with a gray tip on top and purple on the inside too. She also gained a pair of horns, similar to King's, just a bit curved. Her eyes turn black with yellow pupils, and the hands and lower legs turn skeleton-like.

"Woah... I look... woah." Luz said, not sure if she can find the words.

"Yeah, you changed a bit." Amelia said, taking the mirror away. "Speaking of change, Boscha, Amity and a few of the freed teachers and principal have returned while the rest help fix everyone... you and Skara need to see this."

Boscha looked confused, while Luz looked a little pale at the mention of Amity. The doors open and Amity came in, carrying Cat, who was still a puppet so she wouldn't bleed out before she could get help. Boscha's eyes widened and she rushed over.

"What happened to her!?" Boscha said.

"I... I found her arm and leg... the parts that weren't burnt to ash at least... someone damaged her." Amity said, her eyes slightly red from crying. "I... I'm not sure who."

"But we can save her, right?! The Collector can fix Cat before we turn her back right?!" Boscha asked, crying at the sight of her friend.

"I-I thought so too but even he said that he might not be able to complete heal Cat without all of her parts." Amity said, crying again but tried wiping it away.

"Uh... did the Healing Coven Head get turned back yet?" Amelia asked, "She could be strong enough to fix her."

"She's on her way." Amity said, "I figured you guys should be the first to know."

"Boscha, what's- Oh my Titan!" Skara said, rushing in.

If Boscha and Amity were the standards for holding it together from seeing Cat like this, Skara was FAR beyond that as she nearly broke down in shock as tears began to drown her vision.

'C-Cat, no!' She thought as she felt to her knees, unable to form the words as her throat suddenly felt dry in contrast to her eyes.

Luz used this as a chance to get out of the room, she doesn't think she can be around Amity right now. Or even her other friends to be honest. Holding up her hand, Luz tried to cast a spell quietly but instead created an invisibility glyph out of the air!

'Woah.' She thought as she gasped disappeared from sight.

Promising herself to think about it later, Luz snuck out of the room and remained invisible as she went all the way to the roof of the school to look out to the Isles. She saw all the damage from when Collector was released, all the damage from her fight with Belos, and the damage to the half skull but it now had the Collector's castle/the Archives on top of it. Sitting perfectly like a real crown.

"Heh, kind of ironic really." Luz said, giving a tiny smile as she sat down on the edge. "Guess he really HAS been watching King, since he's wearing a crown now."

Luz was so out of it that she didn't notice a black haired witch walk up to her.

"Enjoying the view, Kid?" A voice asked.

Luz turned and saw the black haired witch was Eda, somehow having her long hair again along with her old dress.

"Eda?!" Luz asked as she stood up, staring at the hair.

"I have to say, black really suits me." Eda said, before putting her hands on Luz's shoulders, "Kid, if you ever try something like that again... I am tying you up and throwing you in the basement."

Luz smiled a bit as she laughed, having missed Eda's brand of overprotectiveness mixed with threats.

"I love you too, Eda." Luz said, hugging Eda as the witch hugged back. "Oh, where's King? I have a message for him from his dad."

Eda just shook her head at this.

'Of course Luz spoke with the Titan, it wouldn't be a Luz adventure if she didn't do something like that.' Eda thought.

"He should be here soon." Eda said, patting Luz's back. "He's helping the Collector fix everyone."

"Well, guess that means you won't get to hear another bread pun." Luz said with a grin.

Eda smiled. Everything was finally going back to "normal."

"Honestly... I kinda missed them." Eda said, pulling Luz into a side hug as they watched the sun rise.

Luz could tell that Eda was worried, there was no telling what tomorrow would bring... but right now... they would just enjoy the fact that they're all alive and together again.

(Author's Note: The next addition to this storyline will be uploaded next week after I my co-author, Mr. HardCor3, returns from their vacation.)