Ch. 32: Beginnings

The light orbs that were Luz spread around the isles, floating for everyone and anyone that could see them.

They floated passed the school, with Skara and Matt watching them with wide eyes. They had been watching the whole, using binoculars to see the distance and had seen Luz get blasted by Belos.

"Boscha, Luz's mom is crying, is that normal for coma patients?" Amelia asked, watching over Camila for a moment.

Skara stepped away from the window, removing the binoculars with tears in her eyes.

"She's crying because... Luz died." Skara said slowly and sadly.

The room went quiet, many in disbelief, others in shock... even Boscha tried to wipe away the tears before they could come out... she lost that battle. The lights floated up to the archives and passed her friends, making them all look at the unique balls of light as Amity held her hands out to catch some.

"Light...orbs?" Willow asked, confused.

"Where did these come from?" Gus asked.

"W-w-what is this?" Amity asked, even though she had a sinking feeling she knew what it was.

All of them could as they felt a sharp pain in their chest, like their hearts had been ripped from their chests.

Back "Ground Zero", the Collector was calling out for Luz.

"Luz? Luz, you can come out now." Collector said, as Eda and King were still wide eyed and in shock, "Well... it's okay, she just broke so, I'll fix her!"

They snapped their fingers, only for nothing to happen.

"What?!" He said in shock, as he snapped again, "Why isn't it working? The Archivists aren't here, they couldn't have taken her!"

Belos just looked down at him and laughed.

"Don't worry, you'll see her again soon." Belos said.

He fired at the Collector, only for it to be blocked.

"RAHH!" King yelled, creating a glyph shield around him and Collector! "RAAAAAH!"

He was crying... hard... His teeth extended, his mouth and eyes were glowing blue, and he didn't care if he was just a speck of dust compared to Titan Belos, he would destroy him, or die trying. As King was squaring up to Belos, Collector went over to Eda.

"Owl Lady, you know where Luz is, right?" Collector asked, still holding the light in his hand.

"Back up, Kid." Eda said, nudging him back, "I don't think I can control myself right now."

Eda's eyes turned red... blood red... because that's what she was about to spill. There was one thing that her and the Owlbeast could agree on... hurt Luz... and you're fucking dead. Eda got bigger, bigger than she ever has before, her back had 6 wings grow from it, and she roared, before rushing over and letting King jump on her and flying up towards Belos. Collector was scared, walked back, and tripped over a piece of the castle that was broken. They let go of the light in their hand because of it.

"She's really gone." He said, the pain in his chest growing.

The light spell flew away, right passed Hexside, where there was a room full of students, all of which were crying over their fallen friend/peer/rival. No one was dry eyed, not even those that didn't like her. As the final light flew passed into the beyond, Camila felt it. Her hand twitched and the tears kept falling from her eyes.

'Please... please let me say goodbye... let me say goodbye at the least!' Camila thought.

"I will." A voice said.