chap2

" so how is life? " He asked
" It's great, what about you? "
" All good. Business, family, busy life..... Congratulations by the way, your firm is in top 10 interior designers of the country." He said making me surprise, that he knew about me.
" You know? " I asked.
" Of course, you are quite famous and more over you are THE ARGHYA, how can i not know about my favorite enemy? " He asked laughing.
" Thank you for your hatred " I commented.
" Hey it's not like that , I genuinely am happy for you, you are amazing at your work, I hate to appreciate but, you have always been good at your job." He said.
" Then it's a genuine thanks from my side. And I think, I don't need to specifically appreciate you, You are No. 1 in the South, The great Business Tycoon, Dev Vashishtha. One of The most Eligible bachelor of the country.... By the way, how are your 3and a 1/2 girlfriends? " I asked teasing him.
" Are you serious, we were at school and nothing was serious back then. I was famous and they just tagged along, they are not my girlfriends.
" Then it might be serious now, anything interesting?? " I asked
I know I know, I am being a creep and trying to know if he is still single, but this is the only way to not make it awkward.
" Not yet!! " He replied and I breathed a sigh of relief. " What about you?? Boyfriend? " He asked. I shook my head in NO.
" HUSBAND?? " He dragged the word.
" Not so lucky enough already " I replied.
We kept talking and Akhil came to Dev and snuggled into him.
" What happened aki? " Dev asked lovingly. They look so adorable, I could see Dev has changed. He is no more that arrogant High school boy, He is a Man now!!
" I want to go to susu" Aki mumbled.
" Arghya, we will just be back, come aki" Dev said getting up from his chair.
" We will take Doll also, she might get lost in this big place, she might feel alone also" Aki said showing concern about me being alone. This is one mature kid for his age, I have to say.
I smiled at him touching his cheeks. " It's ok Aki, I will wait here, and won't go anywhere, ok? " I said assuring him.
" No, you also come with us" He said.
" Rey, how can she come with you, she is a girl and she can't enter gents toilet" Dev said trying to make him understand.
" It's ok, she can wait outside " He was so adamant on taking me along. Not able to do anything, I followed them.
I was waiting near the restroom when a group of men came there. They all look so weird. They passed by me and one of them wantedly dashed me.
" Hey, can't you see and walk? " I shouted.
Guy1: of course, I can see the beauty in front of me, I am not blind" Saying he winked at me.
" What a touch, give me one more dash na baby" He commented.
" Mind your tongue mister" I raised my voice, bringing out my dominating side, THE ARGHYA RAVINDRAN'S attitude, which send shiver down the spines for anyone who sees this side of mine.
Guy2: acha, or else what will you do? " Saying he touched my waist. I jerked his hand away with force, I am sure it might had catch a muscle. He held my wrist tightly with his other hand.
" Stay away from my Doll" I heard an angry Akhil standing behind. He looked exactly like little Dev in his anger. I've seen at school.
That guy left me and turned towards akhil.
He came running and stood in front of me blocking them from coming near to me.
Guy1: HAHAHHA, this little kid is trying to scare US, what a joke!! Hey kiddo, I can easily throw you away just like that "

" But I will fight you before I fall" Aki said being brave.
I held him by his shoulders and pulled him back, covering him. I can't risk with these goons near akhil. But Aki kept wiggling from my hold.
" Aki, no, stay quite, we will leave from here" I said warning him.
Guy2: this kid has got guts ra,
But kiddo, we have nothing to do with you, all we need is your doll, look at her, she is soo....... Beautiful! " He said eying me from tip to toe, laughing.
He was about to touch me again when Dev came blocking us from them. His one glare was enough for them to fall silent and leave from there.
" Are you.. Ok? Sorry I was late, did they do anything? " He asked being concerned.
" Let it go Dev, it's over" I said.
" No Mama, I saw them, that Buffalo touched her, Doll only stopped me, or else I would had punched him. Buffalo🐃 "
Listening to this, Dev glared at me.
" And you say, let it go? Come on Arghya, you can't be like this, fight back. They misbehaved with you, you can't stay silent like this. You would be a trigeress when you used to fight with me back then. What happened now?? " He asked fuming in anger.
" I know Dev, No one dare to mess with me. It's just that Akhil was with me and my concern is his safety. It's not the time to fight, but to protect. It's a girl's instinct, you wouldn't understand.
" But.. " He started but I cut him off " Let's go from here Dev"
__________________________________
" By the way, many bought their children along, but you got your sister's son, what is this little guy doing here?? " I asked wiggling my eyebrows.
" Every one are busy at home and Di is pregnant, she can't handle him alone, he is a menace. And this little guy is my crime partner, so he ,only listens to me. Mama on duty, baby sitting him." He said
" Responsible much ha! " I commented.
" Of course, have to be " He replied.
" You would be a great dad" I blurted out unknowingly.
" Thanks..? " He said it more like being surprise with my sudden comment.
" I am actually surprised that he got attached to you so much , he usually dont like girls being around me, last week, we were at a party and he was "glaring" at the girls who were trying to hit on me, but he somehow let you be with me" He said laughing.
" Doll, we will play there, I want to go near the slide, come na" Aki said pulling me to the playarea where all the other kids were playing.
" Arghya, is it ok if I go see the gang, will you be able to handle him? "
" Yup, sure. Take your own time, we are having fun" I said picking up akhil who just slid down from the slide, to which Aki gave a cheeky smile and said" Bye Mama, you go. "
" Rey, so fast you've changed the party ha, we are one team ra, you got bored of me, when you got your new friend?
" She is my Doll" Aki said Possessively.
" Oh really? " He said tickling Aki who was wiggling in my arms laughing. In all this, dev's lips brushed me cheek accidentally when he came near, and akhil gasped seeing. We both awkwardly looked at each other and Aki excitedly said" I will get a baby now, yeah!!! "
We both gave puzzled look to him and he continued" You kissed Doll on her cheek na mama, so you both will get a baby now" He explained making us suprised.
" And who told you this? " Dev asked.
" Amma. She said that after we are grown up, if a boy kiss the girl on her cheek, then they love each other na, so they get a baby. I saw it in movies also" He explained so innocently and we both gave akward stares to each other. These kids na.... What all they ask and watch....
Love... Dev and me, it's nice to hear.
I ........love him, but i dont know about him. It's really complicated, I myself don't know when I've fallen so hard for the boy of my high school who happens to be my enemy, with whom i used to fight daily. I don't know when love happened. I burushed it off my brain, thinking that it could be infatuation, because of the age and my changing harmones back then, but, he never left my heart, even after all these years. Though I hate him, I love him more than my hate. I hate him for annoying me, I hate him for fighting with me. All these years just made my feelings stronger and stronger for him, though I never saw him again after school. But i still hate him for hating me and not being nice to me back then. And now, why the hell is he being all good? I came here to sort this feelings out, I thought that, if we meet again, he will do something which might help me to hate him and forget him so that i could just move on from him. But unknowingly he is hell bent on giving me more butterflies.
Back then, when he was so annoying only, I loved him, now, how can i help myself from not to fall for this idiot all over again if he is being soo sweet.
I don't know, let's see what this day ends with. I need to be prepared for anything.
My chain of thoughts broke when some one tapped me on my shoulder.
Sneha: hi arghya, dev, I don't knew you two were together, when did this happen? The Dev and The Arghya who were always known as the enemies are now a couple ha..... It's amazing... What magic happened?? Is he your son? " Sneha, one of my classmate, asked in excitement.
" Err.... No sneha, this is Dev's nephew, I was just playing with him " I cleared her assumptions and Dev gave her a small smile.
S: oh, sorry. You were looking like a couple and in your ownworld, like a little family, so I thought.... " She said apologizing.
" It's ok " We both said at the same time.
" Oh, come on guys, let's get to the group, what are you even doing here between the kids" She said dragging me to the tables where everyone were sitting.
We all sat talking to each other, enjoying our time. It was good that I came. Or I would have missed meeting them.
Suddenly, akhil came to me getting on my lap and snuggling close to me. I held him lovingly. He is soo cute.
He looked tired and sleepy.
" I guess he is feeling sleepy, give him to me " Dev said walking towards us with a milk bottle🍼 in his hand . To which akhil refused to go. He took the milk bottle from dev and snuggled more into my arms. I mouthed a " It's ok" To dev and he smiled thanking me and left.
" He looks like he is your son, the way he held you... Aweee he is so cute" One of my classmate commented. I just smiled at her and we continued talking . Aki slept peacefully sipping his milk .

After an hour or so... It was lunch time and Dev bought food in two plates, as I was holding a sleeping akhil. We had our food and later I woke up aki and fed him with some food. He was still sleepy and he looked so cute while eating with an expression on his face.

" Guys, it's confession time and your letters are in this box come and collect it " One of our classmate announced.
They've arranged a confession box, something like messages you want to give to someone. May be a message for your long lost friend or something like that.
The actual heaven!!!
There are 31 letters on my name. That means the whole class had written letters for me. Except for one person, I think I know who it is. DEV!
I took all the letters and started reading one by one.

"Hey arghya, all I wanted to say is, I am sorry for being your bully.
We were immature and had done many mistakes, but now, I have realised it.
Hope you forgive me.
Looking forward for our friendship.
Wishing you Good luck!"

" Hey beautiful, it was nice meeting you again. Sorry for not seeing the amazing person you were back then.
But now I've seen,

I hope you lead a happy life.
Stay in touch dear"

" We are really sorry arghya, for what we did.
We don't even remember what all we did but, we know, you were hurt badly.
If possible plz forgive us.
And stay in touch. "

And many more like this. Each and every letter was an apology and wishing good luck for me. They genuinely care about my feelings and I am glad they realised. Who doesn't make mistakes. Now it's all in the past and it's no big deal of problems I have with any of them. I am happy that I've got new old friends. I almost had tears reading these letters. They were all so sweet.

Like this everyone got their cards. Some proposed their crush.
Some had written it for their friends, but I was the only one who got letters from each one of them.
Dev gave me a knowing look with a smile seeing me get emotional after reading the letters.
I got up from the chair and stood between the crowd.
" Guys, thank you soo much. Each one of you. It's ok. Mistakes happen, but we are all friends right, so friends forgive each other's mistakes. And I forgive you. I wish all the good luck for all of you" I said genuinely from the bottom of my heart.

" I din't write a letter for you, because, i directly wanted to say it to you " Dev answered my unasked question.
" I am sorry for all the hatred and serious trouble I gave you , but not sorry for all our cat fights.
It's ours arghya. Thoses were the moments which define US" He said pointing between the two of us.
" When ever I think about you, those were the memories I always get and I smile like a mad man thinking about how silly our reason were, and we fought over them. I am not at all sorry for those forever memories arghya.
If anyone think about either one of us , me Or you, they remember the other. That's what we were. Thought we were in opposite teams, we were together in everyone's memories. So I am not at all sorry for that. "
I couldn't controle my tears anymore. I hugged him.
I didn't expect dev to say this to me. This idiot will never let me in peace anymore now. Should I tell him that I love him? Or would he make fun of me again.
I don't want to ruin this new found friendship between us.
No, he shouldn't know.
I love you dev. I will love you forever.
___________________________________
Sooo....
What do you think arghya has to do?
Tell him that she love him?
Or not tell him.

I am here with another update.
Do let me know in the comments about your opinion.
I hope it's good till here and also hope you will like it further.
Thank you for reading.
See ya in next chappy.
Love
T.
_

__________________________________