Pool • Ghost x Reader

Just a lil ghost x reader.
slight soft (?) ghost ? Idkk just read you'll see LOL <33

——

It was late at night. You should be sleeping after such a long past two days. But how could you?

Lives were lost at your hands.

Needless to say, your last mission didn't go as planned.

So many people you tried to save didn't comply, thus ending with them not making it to safety. Thus, the worse happening.

You hate to think that you could've done so much more. Push them to listen to you. Maybe get some of the other guys to talk them into it.

But hell, they were scared. They were already convinced once that they were being saved by the good guys. That's what got them all stuck in cargo in the first place.

You sigh, feeling the water cool down your body.

You were currently in the pool that was attached to the training room. Often used for aquabatic physical therapy patients.

But you managed to come at such a late hour no one else was here.

You lay floating on the water, a skill you've mastered over time. Your arms under your head as you kept balance with your legs sprawled in front of you.

The silence was deadly, so quiet you could only hear the slight buzz of the filter installed in the pool.

But even that had a timer. And once it turned off, it was completely silent.

It was currently just you, the water, and the dim lights that gave your eyes a relaxing sensation.

You lie in the water for a little longer, in your mind you make the decision to get out but it changes when your eyes dart to the open door.

You scan to see if anybody walked in, when a familiar silhouette catches your eyes, you relax.

You stay on your back, humming quietly. Your eyes straining to watch the silhouette.

You watch as his arms grab the bottom of his hoodie and slide it over his head. His back muscles flex, looking amazing in the dimly lit area of the pool room.

He then turns, making you avert your eyes. But you were caught.

"Enjoying the show?" He chuckles out, his voice deep and raspy.

You blush but you don't make note of it, rolling your eyes and lazily move your arms to sway in the water.

"Shouldn't you be resting?" You ask, avoiding the question.

You just hear a muffled breath.

"Shouldn't you?"

You sigh, your eyes back to the man in the balaclava.

"Why should I be.. I didn't do anything useful on that bullshit mission." You spit out.

Ghost shook his head, walking to the edge of the pool where he stood, simply standing with his arms crossed and watching you.

You felt small under his gaze, like you were conscious of every move. Like you had to think of every breath because he might notice the red tint in your cheeks or the way your heart beat faster the moment he looked your way.

To say you admired your lieutenant was an understatement.

And to say he admired you back was one as well.

"Are you gonna keep staring, love?" Ghost spoke up, breaking what once was comfortable silence.

You chuckle to play it off, "you were staring first." You tut.